Quote:
Example: If the UK player wants to use Paris as an Air Base,
then a UK unit must be located in Paris. For a Minor Nation
ally, if Romania is active, and is used in ground combat, a
Romanian land unit must be involved in the combat but a city
occupied by a German land unit may provide the Air Base, as
long as it is also in-range- assuming Germany is the controlling
Major Power of Romania

Not sure if this has been rewritten or in a FAQ or somewhere else. And maybe it's difficult just for me, but I am having serious trouble parsing this piece of text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What this is saying is that if Romania is allied to Germany (so Germany is the controlling power), in order for the German player to use the ROMANIAN AIR unit a Romanian LAND unit must be involved in the combat. I.e. the Romanian air will only support a combat involving Romanian LAND units.

However, the /air base/ is not required to be a ROMANIAN air base, but could be a GERMAN /air base/ (i.e. a city occupied by a GERMAN land unit).

To paraphrase, the Romanian air unit will only support Romanian land units in combat, but can fly from German air bases (assuming that Romania is controlled by Germany).

-K
Acting Developer, TSC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, this is perfectly clear now.

I understand the example would illustrate point 18.6 then? Also, probably a little rephrasing could be of much help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me at this time, so maybe someone else can chime in.

-K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Jones
msg tools
I have gotten tripped up by this particular section also. Could the wording be a little ambiguous when it is laying out the requirements of basing for active minor nation ally air units?

It goes from saying the minor nation can use the major power's air bases but almost reads like you have to have an in supply land unit of that minor nation if not in the home country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.