Nick Oz
United States
Litchfield
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to share. I might slap someone if I were forced to play monopoly. Imagine if they were playing something more confrontational, things could have ended much worse. Remind me not to invite these two over for a game of Diplomacy.

N.H. woman did not pass go and did not collect $200.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should have played a co-op
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oz
United States
Litchfield
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:

Oh well, I did search first but didn't find that thread. I'd say this is worth a double post IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Newson Ly
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is "broken" apparently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
noz1 wrote:
curtc wrote:

Oh well, I did search first but didn't find that thread. I'd say this is worth a double post IMO.

Apparently he's the post police and feels compelled to let you know where you've erred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mi_de wrote:
noz1 wrote:
curtc wrote:

Apparently he's the post police and feels compelled to let you know where you've erred.

Did I say anything of the sort? Why the attitude? I'm merely pointing out that this has already been posted. It's completely neutral. I think most people who post a duplicate item (or stumble across one) would want to know. Perhaps to join the conversation if nothing else. I'm sorry if it bothers you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
I'm trying to decide what's more sad: the fact that this woman went to jail over a slap, or the fact that her boyfriend felt it necessary to call the cops after having been slapped.

I'm just assuming these two have some issues outside of their choice in board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewi wrote:
I'm trying to decide what's more sad: the fact that this woman went to jail over a slap, or the fact that her boyfriend felt it necessary to call the cops after having been slapped.

I'm just assuming these two have some issues outside of their choice in board games.

"I'm trying to decide what's more sad: the fact that this man went to jail over a slap, or the fact that his girlfriend felt it necessary to call the cops after having been slapped."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan White
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiraboshi wrote:
Stewi wrote:

"I'm trying to decide what's more sad: the fact that this man went to jail over a slap, or the fact that his girlfriend felt it necessary to call the cops after having been slapped."

Wow.

It's like you took reality (women making up the overwhelming majority of domestic violence victims) and flipped it on its head...

patriarchy much?

-Jordan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
serjordah wrote:
Kiraboshi wrote:
Stewi wrote:

Wow.

It's like you took reality (women making up the overwhelming majority of domestic violence victims) and flipped it on its head...

patriarchy much?

Recent reports show that around 40% of people who suffer domestic violence are male. So probably not as large a majority are women as you first imagined.

Nevertheless common assault is common assault. It should not have to be suffered by anyone. A lot depends on the slap, but I would have to agree that there are some underlying issues in the relationship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and people said women player are not competitive..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.