Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Champ
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a banner ad today from Queen saying the big box kickstarter is coming.

Anyone know any dates at this point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hopefully soonish, with any luck alhambra big box/amerigo will be an option again, although I am still waiting on my Thebes, Escape boxes :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was originally really excited for this kickstarter but after backing 2 of their kickstarters and seeing their complete lack of communication especially when they are late. I'll just wait until it hits retail. That means I'll get it sooner and for cheaper than the backers and still get any kickstarter special stuff. Just see how the Escape kickstarter has been handled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mayneric wrote:
I was originally really excited for this kickstarter but after backing 2 of their kickstarters and seeing their complete lack of communication especially when they are late. I'll just wait until it hits retail. That means I'll get it sooner and for cheaper than the backers and still get any kickstarter special stuff. Just see how the Escape kickstarter has been handled.
Oh yea. I backed escape, but I had forgotten about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moline
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mayneric wrote:
That means I'll get it sooner and for cheaper than the backers and still get any kickstarter special stuff. Just see how the Escape kickstarter has been handled.

Cheaper? I haven't done a lot of thorough research or anything, but I backed the Everything Alhambra kickstarter at the $75 level to get the Big Box and the Falconers expansion shipped. If I ordered the same from Cool Stuff, I would have paid $73 and change (plus shipping if I didn't throw another game in to get to $100).

I backed out of the Orcs Orcs Orcs kickstarter, but I was initially in on the $50 level, which gets you the base game shipped. Cool Stuff price: $48.99.

Thebes kickstarter $52 level gets me Thebes and Thebes the card game. Cool Stuff prices: $55.98.

As for sooner, I haven't been paying attention, but I haven't seen any of their kickstarter games at retail before the backers got them.

I only know one person who backed Fresco, but they got it weeks before it hit retail.

I'm pretty sure Amerigo went to backers before it hit retail, too.

The Escape Big box hasn't gone out to backers yet, but I don't think it's hit retail either.

Maybe they had problems in the past? I don't know.

I know a lot of people don't like the lack of communication, but, honestly, I find that to be a pretty minor thing. If they had news, they'd post it. Even if they had news and didn't post it, it doesn't make a difference in how quickly I get my games.

On the whole, I've been thrilled with Queen kickstarters. They are generally late, sure, but they are a lot less late than almost any other company I've backed.

Edited to add: I hadn't paid attention to the Escape Big Box, but I just checked, and you're at least right about the cheaper claim there. Looks like most backers could have ordered it for $8 less (for some it is more like $12 less) if they waited for Miniature Market. But the kickstarters don't have to pay shipping and they do get a Mayan Calendar exclusive. Yeah, I don't know if that's worth the extra or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Portland
Germany
Worms
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My Lancaster and Promos fits exactly in the smaller expansion box of Heinrich V without a Inlay. So i see no really need for a bigger box in my shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoline wrote:
mayneric wrote:
That means I'll get it sooner and for cheaper than the backers and still get any kickstarter special stuff. Just see how the Escape kickstarter has been handled.

The Escape Big box hasn't gone out to backers yet, but I don't think it's hit retail either.

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/escape--the-curse-of-the-temp...

http://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/Games_Cooperative_Games_22...

http://www.shop4world.com/strategy-board-games/escape-big-bo...

Plenty in Europe...USA copies haven't even been mailed yet I've backed Queen KS a few times and they seem to usually have this sort of 'thing' going on. Great games, they just don't see to be overly concerned once they have your money. Just don't mention Dark, Darker, Darkest whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moline
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordiska wrote:
Plenty in Europe...USA copies haven't even been mailed yet

I guess I don't understand being upset that a game is available for purchase on another continent before backers in the US get it.

The game was either printed in Europe or China. Either way, it takes a lot less time to get to Europe than it does to get it to the US. Releasing in Europe before US backers get it seems pretty reasonable to me.

What's more, it says it plain as day on the kickstarter page:

Quote:
We have a new release policy for Kickstarter releases. Games will be released once they are available in their particular region. The games will first be available in the EU. North America will be 6-8 weeks after that and for backers everywhere else it will be 8-10 weeks from the EU launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wooz Woosley
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be checking out the Kickstarter for the Big Box. I've been very happy with the Queen projects. A little more in the way of communication from them would be nice, but I also appreciate not wasting my time with messages that say the same thing the last five did, but with a slight variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@James,
I'm not upset with the games coming late, I know and have backed several Queen KS, was just pointing out that it is available and if someone wanted to buy it and have it shipped they could get it now. Its just we American KS backers tend to get the game at the same time as retails do in the USA. Which someone else pointed out earlier you don't get the games early but you could get the game at the same time for less $ or about in the USA.

I hope when they do this Lancaster BB that if they have anymore Queenies for the game that they have a tier for those of us who already have the game to back for them, like they did with the Escape BB.

Disclaimer I have Lancaster and all the Escape items and expansions released thus far, so would back for a Queenie only level again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoline wrote:
Nordiska wrote:
Plenty in Europe...USA copies haven't even been mailed yet

I guess I don't understand being upset that a game is available for purchase on another continent before backers in the US get it.

The game was either printed in Europe or China. Either way, it takes a lot less time to get to Europe than it does to get it to the US. Releasing in Europe before US backers get it seems pretty reasonable to me.

What's more, it says it plain as day on the kickstarter page:

Quote:
We have a new release policy for Kickstarter releases. Games will be released once they are available in their particular region. The games will first be available in the EU. North America will be 6-8 weeks after that and for backers everywhere else it will be 8-10 weeks from the EU launch.

On the KS comments several EU backers are complaining of not receiving their games yet.

I backed Escape for $70.00 and at Miniatures market it is $62 and change with all the Queenies.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/42620...

Not the biggest deal but really the problem is lack of communication. That's where people get upset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just hope and pray you aren't missing any components. They send replacements at the speed of elephants running across the plain.

If at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Just hope and pray you aren't missing any components. They send replacements at the speed of elephants running across the plain.

If at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Hayward
Japan
Koto-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I`m hoping I`ll be able to add Amerigo, Escape and Fresco to my Lancaster. (^_^)

I`m also hoping shipping to Japan will be less than $60 per box. sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought they'd be doing this in January but with the ads i'd expect it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i really think queen needs to hire a Marketing communication guru just to handle communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
i really think queen needs to hire a Marketing communication guru just to handle communication.

They do have a guy hired that works out of Chicago, Keith. But I think it's his second job and he treats it like a second job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Wright
United States
Noblesville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

If at all.

The trick to getting missing components is contacting them the correct way. Unfortunately, even with the large number of KS projects they do, contacting them through the Kickstarter system is not the best way.

My copy of Kingdom Builder Big Box was missing one Black settlement. I contacted them both through the website and KS and within a day I had heard back from the Website and got the replacement quickly. Never heard back from the KS message.

Anyway, I have generally been happy with the KS projects and I am looking forward to adding Lancaster BB to my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJL
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sterling Wright wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

If at all.

The trick to getting missing components is contacting them the correct way. Unfortunately, even with the large number of KS projects they do, contacting them through the Kickstarter system is not the best way.

My copy of Kingdom Builder Big Box was missing one Black settlement. I contacted them both through the website and KS and within a day I had heard back from the Website and got the replacement quickly. Never heard back from the KS message.

Anyway, I have generally been happy with the KS projects and I am looking forward to adding Lancaster BB to my collection.

Not so fast. I used the website to try to get a replacement for missing components for the Alhambra Big Box and Fresco Big Box. For Alhambra, I was missing one card. They first sent me a card from the German version, which has a different card back. After I e-mailed again, I received a card with a different color back (apparently, different printings had VERY different colors, and I got one from a different printing). They refused to do any more.

For Fresco, I got some of the missing components OK the first time. But for the missing player screens, they first sent me screens from the older non-Big Box version (smaller size, significantly thinner cardboard, much flimsier). When I e-mailed them, they refused to send me the correct ones.

None of these are huge issues, and I can still play the games (which was their point), but my impression was that they are out to do the absolute minimum possible. If you receive the games without problems, great. But if you need customer service, be prepared to be less than totally satisfied with their response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there enough expansions to warrant a Big Box? Or will it include new content??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2018 Jun 13th - 17th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 7 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
ct5150 wrote:
Are there enough expansions to warrant a Big Box? Or will it include new content??

That was my thought as well. I have everything out right now, and it all fits in the original box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
doerrhb wrote:
ct5150 wrote:

That was my thought as well. I have everything out right now, and it all fits in the original box.

Maybe it should be re-titled "Heavier Box".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ct5150 wrote:
Are there enough expansions to warrant a Big Box?

Isn't there just the Henry V expansion and the "18 Cards" (laws) expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
ct5150 wrote:
Are there enough expansions to warrant a Big Box?

Isn't there just the Henry V expansion and the "18 Cards" (laws) expansion?

Those and the extra reward tiles, yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And whatever "Queenies" they now create for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.