Dungeons & Dragons: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: timing question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Bennie

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
A dragon with the "Aerobat Amulet". "All of your Red Flight Maneuvers are considered White Maneuvers" If the dragon has a damage card that says all turns are red maneuvers, what is the order of resolution? I cannot find in the rules anything that says which of these cards would resolve first.

!. After dial is revealed the damage card makes the turn red and then the amulet makes is white
2. After the dial is revealed the amulet makes them white and then the damage card makes them red.

Andrew please respond.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this would apply in this case:

Quote:
BREAKING THE RULES
Some abilities on cards conflict with the general rules. In case of a conflict, card text overrides the general rules.
If one card ability forbids an effect, while another ability allows it, the effect is forbidden.

So the Amulet would make all red maneuvers white, but the crit card would make them red again.

My
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stivers
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not official but we play they are now red. We came to this by following order of events and the damage card is permanent until healed or turned over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Beem
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
This is a tough one to me. The actual wording:

Aerobat Amulet
All of your Red Flight Maneuvers are considered White Maneuvers.

Crippled
Continuous Effect: Treat all Turn Maneuvers [Left Turn Arrow] or [Right Turn Arrow] as Red Maneuvers.

It would be simpler if one rule actually changed them. I feel that it should be to first treat the turn as Red, which in response is considered White. No ability is being forbidden; both cards are modifying the Maneuver, so the BREAKING THE RULES bit doesn't apply very well. If there was disagreement between players and what I really feel is right there, I would rather roll off until the matter gets posted on the Wizkids website. I'm reposting the question there tonight for a more official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Priesmal wrote:

Aerobat Amulet
All of your Red Flight Maneuvers are considered White Maneuvers.
Crippled
Continuous Effect: Treat all Turn Maneuvers [Left Turn Arrow] or [Right Turn Arrow] as Red Maneuvers.
I feel that it should be to first treat the turn as Red, which in response is considered White.

I'm with you on this one.
My "guess" is that the damage card applies first, which changes any turn to red, followed by the amulet, which reverses that red to white.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nelson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this would be a good question for the rules forum, too.

I think they would apply in order, so if you had aerobat amulet then got the crit, then the turns are red. but if you got the crit, then somehow acquired the aerobat amulet, then the turns would be white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the Amulet wins out:

http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.