Subject: if an enemy Army occupies my Home space... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luigi54
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an enemy Army occupies my country Home space, I skip the Victory step of my turn (see the rule written in bold at page 18).
Actually, what I can do in such a situation?

Wich cards may I use?

events?
Status?
Response?

Build Army and Build Navy I can’t because my Home space if occupied by enemy Army.
Land Battle and Sea Battle I can’t because I have no units on the map.

Need some help!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Higdon
United States
madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which nationality are you playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still have units on the board without your home space, as long as you can trace supply elsewhere.

You still play a card, following supply and battle rules as normal. The only thing is changed is that you skip the victory step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi54
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing Italy, had an Army in Balkan.
During British turn, they occupied Italy.
During Italian turn, I had no Build an Army card or cards able to Build an Army. Therefore, I had to remove the Army in Balkan having no supply anymore to Italian Home Space.
I had Land Battle, Se Battle Cards, Build Navy. some events and Status totally useless... all italian Build Army Cards have been already played...so I had to totally skip the italian turn and hoping that the Germans could LAND BATTLE, occupy Italy again, in order to, next turn, possibly Build an Army in Italy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Cameron said is true. You can try using the new Reallocate Resources rule; I have a hard time commenting about how you got there without seeing how the game played out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even with a Build Army, you would be out of luck. You can't build an army in your home region if it is occupied by an enemy. However, if the home region is not occupied by an enemy, you can build there even if you don't have an adjacent piece.

In this case, Italy's best choice would be to play his Status cards (which might be useful later on) and hope that Germany can get the UK out.

In our last game, Italy managed to grab the UK because UK focused too much on the Pacific. The result was that UK had lots of territory, but could not score it. Of course, they could still build and battle over in the Pacific which at least allowed them to deny some points to Japan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Andersen
Denmark
Valby
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you always play Land Battle cards against enemy units occupying your home space?

I think I read that somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas M
msg tools
simombo wrote:
Can't you always play Land Battle cards against enemy units occupying your home space?

I think I read that somewhere.

Not to my knowledge. Germany does have a status card that allows it to battle it's home space, without an adjacent army, but as far as I know that is the only case where that is possible.

Tom M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is that you can build into your home space without adjacent supply (provided it is free of enemies).
The same does not apply to battling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.