BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming Photography

Subject: Pictures Rotated Wrong in My Gallery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone who is much more tech savvy than me which would not be hard please help me? I took a ton of pictures on my phone (iPhone 5s) at BGGCon and several of them end up in my gallery on BGG rotated the wrong direction or completely upside down. Once they are in the gallery there are no options to rotate them.

Here is the part that I do not understand. Most of the pics I have trouble with are vertical pictures. They look perfect and are right side up when I view them in my phone and when I send them from my phone to my email. They are right side up when I download and save them to my picture file on my pc. The problem happens when I upload them from my pc to my gallery on BGG. They seem to always end up sideways or upside down in my gallery????? Any ideas or suggestions as to what would cause this and what I need to do to fix it.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phones and such add information to pictures to tell them how to rotate them, which BGG ignores. You need to open them in an image editor (like Photoshop or GIMP), not viewer, rotate them, save them, and then upload.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PXR5
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are quite right, it's from a phone. I had no idea they did that. On my way to a solution thanks to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have gimp or photoshop you can open it in a viewer. Take a printscreen and paste that printscreen in paint. Select only the picture you need, copy it and save that as a new file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
You need to open them in an image editor (like Photoshop or GIMP), not viewer, rotate them, save them, and then upload.
I am finding that an ordinary Windows system viewer is sufficient (and typically present by default). A simple rotation symbol to click and it is saved upon exit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.