Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

This might be a prototype version of the game I played. I am not certain about this, but I was unsure enough to mention it.

This is a light dice game with some press your luck involved. This is mainly a beer and pretzel game and isn't something you are likely to take too seriously. It is something I would play to waste some time until other people showed up, but nothing I would make plans to play.

The game is super simple to play and learn. It can be taught in a matter of minutes. There isn't really a catch up mechanic other than just pressing your luck more and if you are winning you are likely to play it safe.

I love the old west theme, but it is pretty tacked on here. The game could literally be any theme you wanted it to be. The art work does fit with the game style though.

Purge.

Components:

The components are pretty good. I like the art and the components. The dice are wooden and play into the theme. The cards are nice and come in a deck box. The little trackers are metal and fairly nice for a light little game.

Rule Book:

The rules are written in an old west style which is fine, but it could have used some numbering and could have been more clear. It could have been more clear and more concise.

Flow of the Game:

The winner is the player with the most reputation when the cards run out.

The cards are broken up into 6 decks which represent the town.

On a player's turn:

1. Hire a character - pay the loot required to hire them

2. Do a job - Send characters you have hired to a job. Their total smarts, power, and will must meet/exceed the job. Then roll dice equal to the job risk to see what happens (good or bad). Your characters can die in these jobs.

C. Report a Tip - Take a loot and discard a card from a stack

There is a solo variant included in the game.

Should I buy this game?:

No. Games like this just d not appeal to me. They are just too light and I just find myself not caring. I realize there is a market for lighter games like this. This is part of the COGS system, so I think it integrates with other games in that system.

Purge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.