BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for a war game and dungeon cralwer. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Rad
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First recommendation I'm after is in the war game category. I'm looking for something fast paced with a lot of action. I want the game to focus on the battling rather than building an army or area control. I'm after a self contained game rather than a collectible one like Warhammer. I'd also prefer if it had miniatures instead of just tokens. Sci-fi or fantasy theme are a plus. It has to support 2-4 players but will be playing mostly with 3. Also needs to play in under 2 hours (bonus points if setup + game play is under 2 hours). The ones I've been thinking of are Kemet and Nexus Ops. No need to recommend Small World as my friend already owns it.

Next up is a dungeon crawler. I think that's what they're called anyway. For this one I'm looking for something with a lot missions or at least variety. Would love high production value but not at the cost of solid mechanics. Characters don't need to level up but must be able to upgrade somehow (whether through stats or items). This needs to support 1-5 players and play in under 2 hours. The ones that caught my eye so far are Descent 2e or the D&D games.

So there's my wall of text and I look forward to chatting to you guys about some options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solsumo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you have answered your own questions.

Nexus Ops, Kemet, and Descent SE are all great games. The only game that I can recommend that you check out is Star Wars Imperial Assault. It looks like it is Descent 2.5 with a star wars theme.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JS
Germany
North Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Command

Galaxy Defenders
Gears of War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Nexus Ops for the wargame. Love it.

For sci-fi dungeon crawlers, see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1262592/sci-fi-themed-du...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Rad
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
crazybyzantine wrote:

God damn it. Now I have too many games to research
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.