Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Williams
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to find a group of people to play games with on this side of town. People open to playing a wide variety of board game types, not just the same stuff over and over again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a message in our area Yahoo group asking people that live in South Side if they can answer... I'm not knowledgeable enough since I live in Mechanicsville

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is board gaming in Richmond Comix (on Midlothian close to 288) every Friday starting at 8 PM (we get there around 8, start playing around 8:30) and going until 12-2 AM. We play a very wide variety of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Graf
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Ya richmond comix is a great local spot. I've been asking around trying to find a few people to get into some marvel dice masters up there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Williams
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do know about the Richmond Comix thing on Fridays, unfortunately I usually work every other friday. But, on the fridays I don't work that sounds like something I can join. I know there's also a group that goes to Battlegrounds on Sundays at 1:00. I'm not very big on being in a crowded area with lots of noise which is why I usually play at a friends house etc...

But I think i'll give RCX a shot.

(Though I'm hoping to find a day to play for a bit longer than 4 hours, 'cause usually that's maybe 1 - 3 games depending on what you play)

Thanks for trying to find out Amy!

I'm a pretty big board game enthusiast and have yet to find people as interested in the hobby as me (in South Side at least). I know of loads of people in Richmond that are, I just prefer to find something local.

And on the upside RCX is 5 minutes from me.

EDIT: Here's a list for anyone interested in seeing the games I own

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KhAdd67pDHzsvjeGu6vi3gvg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you know about/go to Dollar Con a couple weeks ago? If not, I'll have to make sure you know about it next time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Williams
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do know about dollar con. Couldn't make it though unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked through your list and I can tell you at least 10-15 of your games have been played in RCX in the last year or so. I think you will find us a good fit. We are not a large group, sometimes just 3-4 people, although there are times where we had up to 9 and we managed a 7-player Battlestar Galactica just a few weeks ago.

Also some of us play with additional groups and/or private houses so in addition to playing it is a good place to meet other gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Williams
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. Hopefully I'll have a friday off soon. I generally work more than I don't. Especially around the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Eidson
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fairly recent member of the group at Richmond Comics. At most I can only show up every other Friday and that has not caused a problem. They are a great group of people and very into the hobby.

jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Graf
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Richmond comix has been around since I was born haha they are a staple in the midlothian gaming community and probably some of the nicest guys around. My girl and I will spend an entire afternoon up there playing dice masters and everyone up there welcomes the extra company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.