Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlotte Malone
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the marker is on the last space on the threat track, and you turn over a monster while exploring, do you have to fight (assuming you have spaces left on the board for exploration)? If yes, what happens to the threat track marker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have to fight the threat track marker would move back to the first space as normal, but I don't think the rules explicitly cover whether you have to fight when you are at the end of the threat track and discover a monster.

If you don't have to fight then I would guess you'd just leave the threat marker where it is at the bottom of the threat track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way we play it.
You are never forced to take on the monster unless it is on the last space of recruiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it would stay at the last space. But believe me due to this mechanic being kinda badly designed, this never happens :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm pretty sure they explicitly state that if you get a monster on your last flip you MUST fight it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true. But we are talking about the monster threat track, not exploring the abyss. Even if the token is in the last space, and you flip a monster (while not being on the last exploration space), you don't have to fight him. And so the token probably shouldn't move.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but I remember that the guy who explained Abyss rules to us during Essen said that if this happens, threat token resets to first spot. This could work as some sort of denial tactic. But as said before, I'm yet to see a situation in which someone is not taking the 2nd or 3rd reward, let alone ever seeing 4th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
That's true. But we are talking about the monster threat track, not exploring the abyss. Even if the token is in the last space, and you flip a monster (while not being on the last exploration space), you don't have to fight him. And so the token probably shouldn't move.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but I remember that the guy who explained Abyss rules to us during Essen said that if this happens, threat token resets to first spot. This could work as some sort of denial tactic. But as said before, I'm yet to see a situation in which someone is not taking the 2nd or 3rd reward, let alone ever seeing 4th.

Oh sorry! Yeah, I guess the rules don't explicitly state what to do in this situation. But I've also never even seen the threat track hit the 4th slot, and can't imagine it ever would!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. S.
msg tools
mbmb
I'm afraid most of you did it wrong, but the rules are not covering this actually.
Bruno stated, that if you are at the end of the thread scale and you draw another monster you have to take two keys (but this is rather good, why wouldn't you want that?).
The question was answered here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1223076/fighting-monster

It is a bit easier to find already posted rule clarifications, if use the rules filter, so you don't have to look through 5 but only 3 pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.