Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two related questions:

1. I suppose it rarely matters, but when exactly are sunken ships placed back on the board? At the start of the player's turn or just before each one is activated?

2. Do distant sea spaces follow the same rules as regular sea spaces? (If they do, you could, for example, leave your pirate ship there and prevent the entrance of other pirates.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Sunken ships come back when you begin your next turn. They are not on the board and you get to choose where they come back. So it's advantageous to see where others go before you place.

Distant see spaces aren't spaces for movements sake. You still have to move off them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1. I don't know that it matters because pirate ships start in distant seas and merchant ships start in port after being sunk. If it somehow matters with some crazy combo, I'd place them before each is moved.

2. Good question. I guess technically yes since you don't have to move them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
2. Do distant sea spaces follow the same rules as regular sea spaces? (If they do, you could, for example, leave your pirate ship there and prevent the entrance of other pirates.)

No - distant sea spaces cannot ordinarily be entered by ships, and when a pirate ship starts their turn on one, the pirate must enter play through one of the adjacent spaces.

Thank you for your interesting question, and I hope you enjoy Black Fleet.

Sebastian Bleasdale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.