Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearly everyone on here seems to have so many problems with the Nazis. Just avoid where the soldiers are at or attack the zepplin. There are so many you rarely ever run out of nazis to place.

Here are my reasons the mobsters are tougher. Please correct my wrongness.

1. For some reason, mobsters are better at searching for treasure. The mob's searches are 4,5,3, and 5; compared to 4,3, and 4. (yes the nazis have bonuses, but stahl dies as much as he succeeds).

2. The mob have an economic engine based on thier hideouts. They gain fortune, which translates to a snowballing villian track movement the Nazis just plain do not have. I've found it moves much faster than the nazis, who just rely on searching and the same villian event cards all the villian factions have access too.

3. One could argue that the nazis power is the fact that they mutliply quickly. Well the mob HQ operates the exact same way as the nazi base when it comes to crapping out soldiers. And since there are much less mobsters than there are nazis, then the mob will move the villian track up farther, when there are no more mbosters to place. I haven;t noticed the zepplin pooping soldiers all that much in the games I've played.

4. The nazi villians do not seem tougher when it comes to fighting heroes. Anyway, if you avoid the nazi villians in the first place you won't have to worry, and since thier track moves more slowly, it is less of an issue.

So wheat am I missing about the nazis? Is it the occupation? Who cares, there are a gazillion cities on the map. Is it the war zepplin adding a combat bonus? Not a big deal I've found. I can't figure it out. Please enlighten me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:

2. The mob have an economic engine based on thier hideouts. They gain fortune, which translates to a snowballing villian track movement the Nazis just plain do not have. I've found it moves much faster than the nazis, who just rely on searching and the same villian event cards all the villian factions have access too.

You could use the non-War Zeppelin so that the Nazi's collect fortune that way. Personally I play with a host of house rules; all three Nazi Villains in play, draw Nazi Enemy instead of a Danger card on a D6 of 6 when on an Adventure (and Enemy on a 1), I also have Nazi, Mob and Order VOs all playing together, and the Nazis are rather good at raiding enemy outposts. See here

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1063628/triangle-vile-te...

Flying Frog Games are easy to re-arrange to your taste, add a Nazi Villain, an extra Secret Bases, occupation markers, and soldiers at start until you reach the difficulty level you desire.

Philip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to agree that the Mobsters are more challenging. If hideouts start to proliferate, the fortune they generate starts to run the clock and fast. And the Mobsters also attack your assets, driving up the prices of gear and common items as well as intimidating, kidnapping, and straight up murdering your allies. I just played a game in which they kidnapped and then "disappeared" the President. It was awesome. But I digress.

So yeah, I'd be inclined to agree that Mobsters are the more challenging Vile Organization. What I haven't encountered is a ton of people asserting the opposite. I've certainly had some rough games against the Nazis, when the War Zeppelin has been consistently targeting locations it can reach, or when occupations and blitzes show up at inopportune moments and mess up a hero's plans. But in general I thought the consensus was that the Nazis are a little more straightforward, in part because of the reasons you describe. I'll be interested to see if anyone jumps in to defend the "Nazis are tougher" argument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricard
Spain
Ullastrell / Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the mobsters.

The common items and gears are +2 glory to have.
A simple map costs 3 glory's coins and a gear card 7!
The allies cost 5 coins but the risk of a kipnapping is high.

The heros don't have any card normally with them, only event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.