Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably stupid question but anyway :-)

If I have presence, domination and control in a region do I score all 3?

Tnx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you just score the one that gives you the most points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cougar_Cro wrote:
Probably stupid question but anyway :-)

If I have presence, domination and control in a region do I score all 3?

Tnx
Pretty sure you don't. I did on my first game the other week though. Oops. You'd only score the highest value, or rather you'd score the difference between your two statuses. So presence vs dominance = 3 vs 5 = 2 points to the dominant player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as I see it:

USSR has dominance in ASIA (3 battlegrounds + 2 non-battlegrounds) and USA has presence in ASIA (2 non battlegrounds).

So the scoring goes:
USSR gets 7 VP + 3 VP for battlegrounds = 10
USA gets 3 VP for presence = 3

Result is 7VP for USSR (10 - 3).

Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spot on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Morten Kro
Norway
Sandve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hijacking the thread here, but is ASIA scored in ALL countries in ASIA and South-Asia, but South-Asia is only scored in the two-colored countries?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lasarus84 wrote:
Hijacking the thread here, but is ASIA scored in ALL countries in ASIA and South-Asia, but South-Asia is only scored in the two-colored countries?

Yes, that is correct. For Asia you score all the countries in Asia, which include all of the countries in its subregions, meaning all countries in Southeast Asia count as well.

When just scoring Southeast Asia you just count the countries that have the dual colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Morten Kro
Norway
Sandve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
lasarus84 wrote:

Yes, that is correct. For Asia you score all the countries in Asia, which include all of the countries in its subregions, meaning all countries in Southeast Asia count as well.

When just scoring Southeast Asia you just count the countries that have the dual colour.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Barnhart
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that SE Asia scores quite differently than the other regions and it is the only scoring card that is REMOVED after being played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Arnell
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
Brädspel är världens bästa hobby!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cougar_Cro wrote:
So as I see it:

USSR has dominance in ASIA (3 battlegrounds + 2 non-battlegrounds) and USA has presence in ASIA (2 non battlegrounds).

So the scoring goes:

Right?

As I understand it USSR would not have dominance in this case, since it does not have more non-battlegrounds than the US

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Kropf
United States
Brownsville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I cannot not not not not not not not not not not not not not not tell a lie. But man can I obscure the truth or what?
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget that most of the scoring cards say +1 points per Battleground country that you control.
Thus say Dominance with 4 battlegrounds = 9 points, presence with 1 battleground = 4 points

Net gain 5 points to the dominant player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Kropf
United States
Brownsville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I cannot not not not not not not not not not not not not not not tell a lie. But man can I obscure the truth or what?
mbmbmbmbmb
@Henrick - the rules for control is to have more battlegrounds and more TOTAL grounds.

So, USA 4 countries (3 battle) vs USSR 3 countries (1 battle)

would be control for USA, while

USA 4 countries (3 battle) vs USSR 4 Countries (1 battle)

would only be presence for USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Arnell
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b0ykropf wrote:
@Henrick - the rules for control is to have more battlegrounds and more TOTAL grounds.

Are you sure? The rulebook says: A superpower achieves domination of a region if it controls more countries in that region than its opponent, AND it controls more battleground countries in a region than its opponent.

My perception of this is that he would need one more non-battleground country to get dominance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
akron wrote:
Cougar_Cro wrote:
So as I see it:

So the scoring goes:

Right?

As I understand it USSR would not have dominance in this case, since it does not have more non-battlegrounds than the US

Henrik, "more non-battlegrounds" is not a requirement for dominance. You need 3 things: 1) more battlegrounds, 2) more total countries, and 3) at least 1 non-battleground.

EDIT: Perhaps you're misunderstanding based on what you posted while I was typing - "battlegrounds" is a subset of "total countries." So if I have 5 battlegrounds and 1 non-BG vs. my opponents 5 non-BG, I have dominance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Arnell
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get it now . Thanks for clearing that out for me then. Sorry for the confusion guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
b0ykropf wrote:

And also presence for the USSR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
b0ykropf wrote:

I think you mean Domination here. Control is defined by controlling more countries, and all battlegrounds. Unlike domination, it has no non-bg requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Kropf
United States
Brownsville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, thanks Alex, I meant domination the use of control here was a typo whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.