Popular Tags: [View All]
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an idea for all the warm-hearted moneysavingexperts on the hot deals forum:

When you bag a Black Friday game for £5 or £10 less than RRP this week from one of our dedicated retailers, why not take the remainder of what you should have paid to a nearby charity shop and just hand over the cash. Shelter, Crisis and Age UK need lots of spondoolies this time of year to keep folk warm and fed. Imagine the friendly glow we will all have, knowing that someone else can play Liar's dice in a warm room while watching the x-factor christmas special, as opposed to adding £4.76 (or, maybe £2.96) to your next act of wild-eyed, rampant consumerism.

Happy thanksgiving y'all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willsargent wrote:
why not take the remainder of what you should have paid to a nearby charity shop and just hand over the cash

Because if you donate via the charity in question's website you can tick the 'Gift Aid' box and then they get your income tax payment on that donation as well as the money you gave. :3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Will, tried to follow your advice and ended up browsing in said charity shop and buying a brand new guitar volume pedal for £3, which I will now sell on via ebay and buy more cheap games online!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great point, Jake. No need to leave the house and smile at anyone whatsoever that way. Merry Christmas, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schkff wrote:
Sorry Will, tried to follow your advice and ended up browsing in said charity shop and buying a brand new guitar volume pedal for £3, which I will now sell on via ebay and buy more cheap games online!

You do enough charity work looking after the scrag ends in Penrith, Jim. I say be proud when you hand over your housing benefit cheque to the sweaty old volunteer in the Mind shop my man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

(Ukelele, tuner & case - £7.50 @ Samaritans, Carlisle.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat
United Kingdom
Middlesbrough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite bit is the lip biting which signifies the hard rocking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kirkman
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
willsargent wrote:
why not take the remainder of what you should have paid to a nearby charity shop and just hand over the cash

Because if you donate via the charity in question's website you can tick the 'Gift Aid' box and then they get your income tax payment on that donation as well as the money you gave. :3

better still why not cut out the middle man and give it someone who looks like they might need it

Being nice to someone face-to-face has to be better for everyone involved than letting a charity do it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.