Subject: Session by two new players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Howe
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I picked up Alexandros when it was on sale at Amazon.com, hoping that it would be a good game for a short timeframe for 2 or sometimes more players. My wife and I played a learning game on a Saturday evening, playing to figure out the rules and not playing aggressively. Then on Sunday afternoon, we played for real. The first few Alexander moves kept to the middle of the board and no provinces were created. Then I moved Alexander toward the edge of the board and made a sizeable province, but misjudged my card holdings and was unable to occupy it. My wife grabbed that province a turn later, using three of her generals. In reponse, I managed to carve out an almost-equal sized province a couple of turns later. My wife had taken back two generals and initiated a scoring round and took the lead. My new province and a couple of smaller ones meant that I would have been able to catch her, except that, to my surprise, she managed to kick me out of my large provice and occupy it herself. Before I could do anything constructive in response, she had scored twice more and went over a hundred, winning the game. Considering that she usually does not like aggressive games and does not play aggressively even when we play games like Carcassonne, this was a pleasant surprise for me. We both liked the game a lot. There's clearly plenty to think about and we plan to play it plenty more in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.