Subject: BSG 447 - Winter is coming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
If you have fun, then even if you lose you still win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the 447th Play-by-forum Battlestar Galactica game.
It will be a 5 player Base game to Kobol.

The objective here, is to teach you nuggets how to successfully navigate through the Cymod.net page, so you can launch new games whenever you want.
I will not be participating in the game, but I will be closely monitoring it, and offer assistance with the use of Cymod whenever it is needed and can correct any mistakes that may occur.
A good general rule of thumb is to treat cymod.net just as the game board, rather than a program that is actually running the game - all players will be free to affect the board at any time, so try to make sure that you only take actions that your character would normally allowed to do if playing face to face.
(When playing the game in real life a player COULD start randomly adding cylon ships to the board just as the ycan with cymod, but it would be cheating and is against the rules)

All actions taken by players are recorded in the game log, so it is clear to all players that everybody else is following the rules.

Each player is expected to advance the game board on cymod whenever possible, although if some people are playing by mobile or do not have a chance to advance the board state, then I am happy to do that for you if I am online at the time.
I will also take the board image at the start of each players turn and post it in this thread at the beginning of each turn.

Thanks to ColtsFan76 who kicked things off way-back-when and to Orphius, Jasperhawk who ultimately created and maintain the current moderator tools, and TenGritSandPaper who created Cymod and to Theo 'Hunk' Seretis whos opening text I edited for this game.

Rules

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of game. This is a requirement by FFG.

d10-2 Use normal text for any discussions. Please Bold any moves, actions, and decisions you are going to take and then execute your own actions on Cymod. There is no need to wait for me. Indeed, I don't intend to process any actions you can do for yourself. Use Italics for in-character talk. This is heavily encouraged and makes the game much more entertaining.

d10-3 Private communication will be done via geekmail between me and other individuals. All other communication should be public in the thread. There should be no private messaging between players. If you have a question, go ahead and send me a geekmail or just post it in the thread.

d10-4 As this is a PBF, all information is recorded. In the spirit of the game, I will request that no one look back more than one player turn if you need to refresh your memory.

d10-5 Use the banners for your character when posting. Banners and any images you wish to use are located here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/item/1834905#item1834905. Many thanks to Gerryrailbaron.

d10-6 Please subscribe to this thread, and try to check in at least once a day. The subscribe button is located near the top of the page. If you are going to be absent for an extended period, please post in the thread or let me know so I can react accordingly.

d10-7 The use of conditional orders (CO) is actually somewhat discouraged as we're trying to see what it would be like to run a game with minimal moderator input, and I still need to build the CO mechanic into Cymod. If you really need to send me a CO to keep the game moving, please do.

The following COs are generally assumed, but this is definitely going to require some trial and error since each player will be advancing the game. If you feel like someone may want to play an interrupt, ask before advancing the game:

Pass on Declare Emergency
Pass on Strategic Planning
* on Launch Scout unless there is only one raptor remaining.
* on attacks by vipers or attacks by cylon ships.
Pass on Evasive Maneuvers unless it is the last ship protecting a civilian or a manned Viper.

d10-8 Follow the secrecy rules. Some often overlooked secrecy violations include:

* Saying "medium" if you've played one card
* Talking about scouted cards (top or buried) beyond "good" or "bad"
* Identifying which cards/colors you played into a skill check
* Volunteering the contents of your hand if it's not directly relevant to the current discussion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Invited players

-zolson1021 - Declined
-TinyDice - Declined
-Sebaestschjin - In
-alexbond45 - In
-rwhunt -
-Mr Woo - In (Verification error - replaced by awrend)
-phrerick
- In
-Valandor - In

Turn order will be decided by highest dice roll first, (and then second highest, and so on) so simply roll a D100 dice for yourself when you first post to the thread if you decide to join.

If any of the 5 players declines, then we can start to look for reserves.
(If you are not one of those 5 names and you wish to play, then you can post in this thread and i'll keep you down as first reserve if a place opens up. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McBay
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in to play a round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

alexbond45 1d100 = (75) = 75

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 630878. Starfox4
  • 1d100 =
  • (75) =
  • alexbond45
  • Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:02 pm
Zach Olson
msg tools
mbmb
I am currently waiting for game 446 to start. Also my schedule is about to become more hectic so I'm not sure I would be able to devote my attention adequately between two different games. I'm afraid I must decline at this time, but thanks very much for the invite!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Clarke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm in - 56

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 632626. Mr Woo
  • 1d100 =
  • (56) =
  • Tue Dec 2, 2014 6:42 pm
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we've got
alexbond45
Mr Woo
and pherrick

...confirmed as in. cool

Sebaestschjin expressed interest as well, but recently joined BSG-446. I'm happy for him to play in this one as well if he can handle doing 2 different games simultaneously, so assuming that he's in, we just need 1 more player and then we can get started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could play but I'm a complete noob at the game (think I played 2 games total)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah that's totally fine.

i'll just set up the rest of the turn order:

pherrick = 1d100 = (100) = 100
Sebaestschjin = 1d100 = (6) = 6
Valandor = 1d100 = (98) = 98

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 632796. Starfox4
  • 1d100 =
  • (98) =
  • Valandor =
  • Tue Dec 2, 2014 11:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 632797. Starfox4
  • 1d100 =
  • (6) =
  • Sebaestschjin =
  • Tue Dec 2, 2014 11:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 632798. Starfox4
  • 1d100 =
  • (100) =
  • pherrick =
  • Tue Dec 2, 2014 11:46 pm
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Pherrick (100)
Valandor(98)
alexbond45 (75)
Mr Woo (56)
Sebaestschjin (6)

Wow, a perfect 100 for Pherrick there - Choose any character.

http://play.cymod.net/game/showPending/73
Go to the link and click 'join game' and then set your turn order as '1' as you are the first player.
Then valandor as '2' when he chooses next, and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phrerick black
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mb

My name is Kolonel Saul Tigh

This is the XO speaking:

There is a basestar in front of us. The twelve colonies are destroyed. Sorry bout that. You probably lost your family. Sorry bout that.

I am acting commander on this space bucket untill a higher officer has been found.

There are some things you need to know.

I hate frakking Cylons.
I hate frakking lazy pilots who damage frakking vipers when they try to land.
I hate frakking politicians. All they do is talk.

No time to mourn. let's fraq some cylons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sebaestschjin has G-mailed to confirm he is definitely in.
Valandor to choose next - anybody except a military leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll be playing as Boomer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My fellow mod 'Hunk' has added a mini-tutorial with screenshots for using cymod.net:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/17627269#17627269

It's quite user-friendly, i'm sure you'll have no problems (And I can always fix any mistakes anyway if there are)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McBay
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, then. I'll be

Tom Zarek. I've never actually played him so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phrerick black
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mb

Great a pilot who I have never seen flying in a viper. You know why they call you Boomer? Because you can't land a raptor! Well you might be useful for scouting missions.

And who is this? Thomas Zarek. Sagittaron terrorist. Well at least you know how to hold a gun, I find that a useful skill for a politician under these circumstances.

Welcome on board. I hope you will enjoy this cruise towards Kobol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander McBay
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Colonial One: Zarek's address to the Quorum

As I'm sure we all know, Galactica's military hierachy is YET AGAIN challenging my legitimacy as a member of political council...

I doubt such an incompetent fracking fool like him would ever have half the brainpower needed to do anything in a position of power! I highly recommend that we, as a group, challenge the Military's grip on our every. day. lives...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phrerick black
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mb

Tigh in his quarters, mumbling to himself:

"I hear rumors... people saying I am not fit to lead... people saying I am incompetent."

He takes a sip from his bourbon. Then loses his balance and falls over.

"I am not incompetent! I just have some issues. Dear I miss Ellen. Maybe I should drink less. My supple of Caprica bourbon is shrinking anyway. I wonder if someone can start a brewery and distillery in the fleet. Well maybe I should start by drinking less. Let me put a line on this bottle. Maybe start with 5 lines per bottle."

I wonder who joins in the team. All options are open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Having some problems getting Mr Woo to join cymod - the confirmation e-mail didnt come through and he doesnt seem to be able to join:

Mr Woo wrote:
Tried 4 different times now from 2 different machines and still cannot successfully create an account. I think I am going to have to drop out of this game as I can’t get Cymod working.

Did it work OK for everyone else?

I've G-mailed TenGritSandPaper who runs cymod to see if there's a way to fix it, but if Mr Woo needs to drop out then we might have a possible replacement - 'Awrend' wanted to play as well, but responded a little bit too late and all the places had already filled up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cymod registration worked just fine for me.

EDIT: did he check his spam folder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes - he says he checked his junk mail folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian N
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I also didn't have troubles registering. What email provider do you use? Maybe there's a problem with it. Or the email-address itself might not be working. I sometimes encounter this, when using a gmail adress with a + contained in the name. It mostly accepted while registering, but then doesn't work properly afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phrerick black
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
mb
I did have a problem with my android phone, only get errors when I log into the game. Maybe it is browser related...

chrome and internet explorer on Windows seem to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Seretis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
I vaguely remember having this kind of problem again, but a search at the work log doesn't show something.
The closest one is CYM-75 that mentions email verification, and the fact that those who are unverified can't join games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Clarke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The problem I currently have is that no matter how many accounts I set up on cymod, after having accepted the response to the validation email, and confirming that my account is setup, it refuses to allow me to log in as it claims that either my user name or password are unrecognised. I suspect this may be a safari specific problem. Anyhow, had enough of playing with it so I am going to have to drop out. It sounds like you have a potential other player onboard, so I wish you bon voyage, and I hope to join a normal PBF game when one comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.