Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Wilson
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When using "Weaponry" in conjunction with say "Germany" - special power "Roll an extra dice when invading Northern Europe....."
You would be rolling 5 dice per invasion. Is Weaponry lost if any of the 4 dice come up the same (this would make it's loss more likely)?
or only if five dice come up the same?

Similarly:

If using "Weaponry" and invading from the Sea (roll one dice less)
You will be rolling 3 dice. Is weaponry unable to be lost (can't roll 4 the same)? or is it now lost on three identical results?

Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kendall
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Tony

Steve Kendall (Ragnar Brothers) here. Thanks for the question. It may be that this has been answered in the past (and resolved by corporate agreement), but having looked at the cards my ruling would be that the Weaponry card takes precedence over the Germany card. i.e. whilst Germany gets to roll an extra dice in Northern Europe, the Weaponry card (which is played afterwards) states 'roll four dice'. So four dice are rolled.

Regarding the sea invasion the literal interpretation has to be that Weaponry can't be lost when invading from the sea as the card states 'when a quadruple is rolled'. I think that's NOT what we would intend, so I'm happy to rule that if 'all dice roll the same....' then Weaponry is lost.

Some other similar criss-cross rules were teased out by Codito (Chris Ewington) when they designed the i-pad app for BHOTW. So it might be worth inquiring there on any such questions (I'll cc Chris in).

Regards
Steve K

p.s. just happened to be visiting the page because we're trying to locate French translation rules for a purchaser. Does anyone have a set please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that this means anything official but we always played that rolling all of one value caused the loss of any sort of Leadership/Weapons type cards if dice were lost to invading, etc. It just seemed to fit better for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Wilson
Scotland
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Stephen. It was a non issue in the game (as it happened) but we were evenly split on alternative interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.