Sam W
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
Gotta buy 'em all
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find it anywhere in the rules.

When we do a quick search, we place the discarded zombies in one pile and the uncollected items in another right next to it.

In a game where seconds count, it certainly helps. I'm just wondering if we're breaking a rule by doing it.

Similarly, we have someone keep track of how many zombies are in the horde. So when it arrives, and they have actions left, they can kill a few so there's less to physically put on a tile.

Lastly, if we draw say 2 zombies during a search, and we have next action as an attack that would kill both. Are we cheating by not putting them on the board? Since they'd be killed anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Asselman
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Outside scope of BGG: This is my favorite cinema!
badge
Outside scope of BGG: This is my favorite cinema!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the search pile. You may be cheating a little bit by revealing what can be found while otherwise this may be buried underneath a pile of zombies. I only received this game last week and I've only played the prologue scenarios so far. What we did was we called out when the discard pile was empty so no action was wasted by other players searching an empty pile. Maybe that is cheating too.

I like the chaos of just pouring out the contents of the horde box. Doesn't removing the zombies and then emptying the horde box take more time?

Not wasting time adding and removing zombies looks like a good idea, as long as the action killing them is spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The zombie cards are placed on the same discard pile. This is said in the rules. Putting them in a separate discard pile is cheating. Thematically you can think that all the corpses will slow down your search or you will find those weapons under some of the zombie corpses.

Generally speaking performing the card effects should happen first(tossing the horde on the board, putting zombie spawned zombies etc.. Also the all the effects of an action should be performed first before doing another action.

I'd play the way your group agrees to play, and what makes the most sense to you. For example if you are using all you actions to attack then it makes little sense to remove a couple zombies after each attack. You could just very well use all your actions are remove as many zombies you totally killed with your attack actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fireslide wrote:
When we do a quick search, we place the discarded zombies in one pile and the uncollected items in another right next to it.

In a game where seconds count, it certainly helps. I'm just wondering if we're breaking a rule by doing it.
You are: there should be only one discard pile, with both zombies and uncollected items (plus a "dump" pile with all the cards removed from the game when searching carefully).
Fireslide wrote:
Similarly, we have someone keep track of how many zombies are in the horde. So when it arrives, and they have actions left, they can kill a few so there's less to physically put on a tile.
I wouldn't recommend that, as it'd be really easy to get distracted and forget how many zombies are in the Horde. Plus, as Marc notes, it doens't really save any time. What we usually do, is having one player count the Horde as he places it on the board, and have another one removing the zombies that the active player can kill with any actions he has left.
Fireslide wrote:
Lastly, if we draw say 2 zombies during a search, and we have next action as an attack that would kill both. Are we cheating by not putting them on the board? Since they'd be killed anyway?
I'd say it's not really cheating. If you can say you kill them before they even touch the tile, no need for them to do so…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.