José Santos
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello all,

A few months back, in June, I decided to take a quest of starting learning and doing stuff to become a game dev. As a first project, I thought it would be nice to start by creating a PC adaptation of a board game, as I would be able to enjoy it with my friends even when we're apart from each other. This way I could learn about several aspects of game development and still make something interesting for me and my friends. Thus, as we always like playing Castle Panic, I decided to start from there.

This project is already a few months old, because it has been on hold because of real life, but it is extremely close to an online playing state. some features are still missing, but the bare bones of the game are there.

I am not an artist, and all the game's are was basically cut from online pictures I found of the cards, board and castle.

Right this moment, I intend to simply implement all the base game features, including the less & more panic extra rules present in the game's manual. Some day, an even more ambitious quest is to change the game to 3D, with models and shades for the map and castle, and maybe even tiny models for the monsters and boulders. Something extremely cool would be to observe in a epic-like environment hordes of goblins hasting through the green archer arcs & ring while a rain of arrows is falling on them coming from the castle (then the green archer was played) or see an army of swordsmen waiting for a few trolls at the gates of the castle at the mountain's edge (when the red swordsman had been played). But all this is just a dream anyway. a pretty cool one.

For now, what I have implemented can be seen in the album http://imgur.com/a/Qjejf, and I'm looking for your feedback on this.

I am not by any means intending to commercialize this, and I intend to use it for me and my friends only. I will share though, it if the board game creator sees no problem to it! I hope I'm not going over some laws by sharing this!

Anyway, thanks for looking into this post, and give me your feedback!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't copy their artwork or names for.things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.