Subject: Questions about Ardin Glynn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(I’m including a couple of questions and answers about Ardin Glynn from another thread, so as to make it a little bit easier to find those answers too.)

Ability: Cannot attack while within 2 aura of any allied or enemy team marker.

Question: Does anything other than making a Hit attempt count as an attack for this penalty? An example of something that damages without a hit attempt might be a Flayer Cube.

Answered Question: Does this ability apply when melee is initiated by another player? For example, if Jade attacks Ardin in melee can Ardin swing back? Answer: Per Brett's response Ardin cannot attack back in this situation.

Answered Question: What is meant by a team marker? Answer: Per Brett's response "team markers" are those small round markers placed on the board after successfully passing an adventure. They have the white symbol on one side and the black symbol on the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cube use is not an attack. At least, it wasn't in DOA1, and I don't see any reason why that should be different now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, that's how we ruled during the game. But I jotted it down as a question to double-check on, so I'm just making sure.

Plus it seems sort of in character for Ardin Glynn. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, an "attack" is when you make a Hit challenge, and that is not true of Cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.