Popular Tags: [View All]
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome DUNE REDUX players. This thread will be open to posting momentarily. Please refrain from posting until your host, Ningat Uurwa, has officially opened the Governor's palace to guests. Please note that all moderator posts are in RED, messages from Ningat are in BROWN, and narrative text is in BLUE.

For your future reference:

Dune Redux Rules: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120342/page/1

Cassandra Game Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1276...

Please also note the following: Day 1 will END on September 25th at 4 PM BGG time. Night 1 will END on September 26th at 4 PM BGG time. Day 2 will END on September 27th at 4 PM BGG time. This is a slight deviation from the original schedule and will hasten getting through the first day and night in a timely fashion.

Note that there is still NO LYNCH on Day 1, and no combat permitted. Day 1 should be treated purely as an opportunity to introduce yourselves, ask questions, get into character (or avoid getting into character and pretending to be someone else, as the case warrants). And as for questions, please do not hesitate to ask them here publicly if the question will not reveal something about your role or abilities. Otherwise, feel free to PM me.

Also note that during day 1, you ARE permitted to send your allotment of THREE private messages to other players. Unlimited chat rooms, however, will NOT be available, even if you have the spice to pay for one or more. Unlimited chat spaces will be available beginning with Day 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dune Redux - The Game

Welcome esteemed guests to the planet Arrakis! I am your host, Ningat Uurwa. I have been instructed to see to your immediate needs and to be your guide during your stay here.

You have arrived at the Governor's Palace here in the city of Arrakeen, considered by nearly everyone to be the jewel of Arrakis. Before you enter, please take a moment to wash your hands and face in the large fountain near the entrance; it is customary here at the palace for all visitors to partake in this planet's most precious resource.

Once you have entered, please take note of the hover-globes placed throughout the hallways - these are marked to guide each of you to your apartments. Be sure to look for the markings, as they are unique to your noble houses and cannot be readily discerned by anyone you'd rather not have know exactly where you are sleeping!

After you are sufficiently rested from your travels and are prepared to rejoin the rest of the guests, please follow the hover-globes to the Main Hall, where refreshments will be served momentarily. If you find anything in your apartments is amiss, please do not hesitate to call for service. I or another of the palace servants will be more than pleased to see to your needs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Prior to your arrival, I was given the following list of guests. These are not, of course, your real names, but the secret names you supplied to us by which you should be addressed for now. Please check to make sure your name is below:

-Johnny-
Anonymouse512/Oberon, Executed Day 4
arkibet
BagpipeDan
Beowulf/Duke Leto Atreides, Killed Night 6
Bowman/Count Glossu Rabban, Killed Night 5
buffalospynovel
bwt2q
CapAp/Duncan Idaho, Killed in Combat Day 7
dmkayReplaced by Ghola Bowman
Dragonbane11Replaced by Ghola Esuh
Esuh/Jamis, Killed in Combat Day 5
Farren
glitterati
greek2me
houndsoftindalos
jaredh/Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen, Killed in Combat Day 4
Javal
jmilum
kuchik
kristiefix/Liscia Therese, Killed Night 5
le_cygne/Piter deVries, Executed Day 6
Luthien
Melsana
Rasattack
RoyalFlush
Rukasu/Reverend Mother Romallo, executed Day 2
RyanDG/Albrecht Nim, assassinated Night 3
Seanp
SecretSauce
Shugyosha
SyBotCB
Tarrant
TheArchAngel
Xandryyte

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Main Hall

Update :

Duke Leto Atreides sits on the Governor's Chair.

Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV sits on the Lion Throne.

Events of Day and Night 1

CHOAM Spice Pool Day 1

Total Amount Available: 30
Total Amount Distributed: 29
Carry-over: 1

No lynch and no assassinations.

Events of Day 2

CHOAM Spice Pool Day 2
Total Amount Available: 36
Total Amount Distributed: 32
Carryover for Day 3: 4

kristiefix challenged Rukasu to combat!
Rukasu declined the challenge.
CapAp challenged bowman, but withdrew the challenge.

Reverend Mother Romallo, aka Rukasu, was executed.

Events of Night 2

No assassinations made.

Events of Day 3

CHOAM Spice Pool Day 3
Total Amount Available: 29
Total Amount Distributed: 24
Carryover for Day 4: 0

Anonymouse requested trial by combat
Esuh championed Anonymouse, but no challenger came forward

No lynch was the final verdict of the day.

Events of Night 3

Albrecht Nim, aka RyanDG, was assassinated!

Events of Day 4

CHOAM Spice Pool Day 4
Total Amount Available: 37
Total Amount Distributed: 32
Carryover for Day 5: 2

Anonymouse512 requested trial by combat.
jaredh championed him, and was defeated by Tarrant!
Tarrant was lightly wounded in the fight.

Events of Night 4

No assassinations

Events of Day 5

CHOAM Spice Pool Day 5
Total Amount Available: 37
Total Amount Distributed: 37
Carryover for Day 6: 0

Esuh issued a challenge to rasattack! Rasattack defeated Esuh, aka Jamis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Governor's Hall

Night 4 Updates:

No assassinations.

DAY 5 Updates:

CHOAM Spice Pool Announced!

Total Up For Bid: 37

Current Vote Tally:
None

Duke Leto Atreides has been elected Governor![/b]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Hello, all.

Salutations, Dan.

I trust that your trip here was uneventful?

What are your thoughts concerning this crisis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good evening, everyone. The day has been long, and the heat unbearable. I shall be retiring to my room shortly, but I am gratified that we have all been able to make it here to ensure the spice flow of Arrakis, to the benefit of us all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:

Some will rise. Some will fall. The Lansdraad will continue as it always has. The Emperor will rule as he always has. The Spacing Guild will continue to monopolize travel as it always has. We all shall continue to worship CHOAM.

Inertia is the god of this universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Royalflush wrote:

Some will rise. Some will fall. The Lansdraad will continue as it always has. The Emperor will rule as he always has. The Spacing Guild will continue to monopolize travel as it always has. We all shall continue to worship CHOAM.

But who is the prophet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rukasu wrote:
BagpipeDan wrote:

But who is the prophet?

The Prophet will reveal himself when the time comes, as prophets are wont to do.

The real question: what kind of god is inertia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BagpipeDan wrote:
Rukasu wrote:
BagpipeDan wrote:

But who is the prophet?

The Prophet will reveal himself when the time comes, as prophets are wont to do.

The real question: what kind of god is inertia?

"Inertia is Change, some say. But the truth lies in who controls the Spice ... nothing more."

Nods politely to those so far gathered, turns and then heads for the quarters assigned after bidding all fair dreams and good night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am, hrm, here as they say. I suppose the crisis is in spice and its production or control. You see, the spice must flow but where it must flow and to whom is a matter of debate for, hrm, some of you -- some of us.

I see that none of us have thought to provide true names. Paranoia is the font of prudence as the Orange Book says, or was that someone who died last galactic year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheArchAngel wrote:
"Inertia is Change, some say.

Inertia resists change.

It is his brother entropy you speak of.

A far stronger and more frightening god.

The Bene Gesserit are fans of playing with this god. I wonder if they do not know the risks they take, or simply do not care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, my friends.
I trust you are all, like me, here to see calm and well-reasoned debate to resolve the current crisis.

To be clear, I shall only be available for conversations at limited times of the day, due to my many other responsibilities. I beg that you do not take offence at my absences.

[OOC - for the probably none of you with whom I have not previously played, I am based in the UK and go to bed around 5-6pm BGG, as a general rule. This may limit how many conversations I can maintain, but I'm hoping I can avoid the (self-generated) isolation I suffered last Dune because of this. Just don't expect me to be the chattiest person around.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I am here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gutierrez
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I'm concerned about making a mountain out of a grain of sand - but it seems as though the severity of this issue has forced us to consider the perspective of some that I would consider... ah... less than savory. Perhaps the issue at hand isn't only an issue of ensuring the spice flow - but protecting it's posterity (and our future) by any means necessary. I mean this with as much respect as possible - but there are some that seem to benefit as we all would suffer.

Be wary - and vigilant - because only through strength of will can we succeed against those who seem apt to apply their strength of arm.

Now... Where were those refreshments? The travel has caused me to grow weary - and these surroundings make me ache for home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
May our meetings bring profit to us all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm disgusted at blantent display of water-wastage as shown by the plants in the meeting hall! And a drinking fountain?!? Methinks the governer is getting too comfortable...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bowman wrote:
I'm disgusted at blantent display of water-wastage as shown by the plants in the meeting hall! And a drinking fountain?!? Methinks the governer is getting too comfortable...

The governor doubtlessly is trying to set his guests at ease, sir.

Whether or not that is because he too wishes to see Arrakis prosper, or because he wishes us to lower our guards prior to having us killed ... only time can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Farren wrote:
bowman wrote:

The governor doubtlessly is trying to set his guests at ease, sir.

Whether or not that is because he too wishes to see Arrakis prosper, or because he wishes us to lower our guards prior to having us killed ... only time can tell.

I must admit that I disagree with this wastage as well. Getting someone feeling at easy on Arrakis is not only pointless, but also dangerous. This is no place for feeling easy. Therefore, I suspect the latter and will do so until I see a probability. I do not feel at home here, and plants will not help. Though, a place to get the sand out of my shoes, on the other hand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, my friends. I hope that we are able to reach an acceptable conclusion to that which we face. I look forward to working with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Message transmission incoming from Luthien (static terminal comes to life):

"Greetings from Luthien. I apologize for my tardiness to this grand event. I am currently having to attend to another issue. Although, I will be there, I will be somewhat scarce. I will try to attend all events as necessary. My ship should arrive later today. I look forward to participating fully on Thursday when this "issue" has passed. I look forward to discussing events with everyone."

End Transmission.

RL: Yea, training till Wednesday evening out of town (BHM), should have interent hook-up though. But, not sure how much time I will have. Just FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Good morning all!

bwt2q enters, walking in what appears to be a straight line, but which, you realize, places him as far away as possible from the fountain at all times.

The air in here is so thick with water, I'm surprised you can breathe it without gills! Ha!

bwt2q pauses for a moment, but when his joke is met with silence, he turns his attention to the globes. He scrutinizes them carefully, pacing around the room until he comes to a stop in front of one you do not recognize. You peer more closely at the symbols, but they twist and writhe in your eyesight, evading comprehension. You realize this is yet another layer of security in this place, and the paranoia of the one who designed it causes a slight shiver to roll down your spine, despite the heat.

A nice sand bath sounds good after all that travel. I guess I will see you all later.

He saunters out with a grace that usually takes years of a certain kind of drill to acquire. You lean back in your chair with a small smile, certain that at least part of this display was an act, but which part? One thing is sure - tomorrow will be an interesting day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
*Quietly contemplating all that is said and done…*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [97] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.