Subject: FF vs. Xmen (or Xmen vs. Avengers, etc) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New to the game and something I yearn for is total team play per player. Such as one player only does the Xmen heroes, while another does only Avengers...and so forth.

Here's the thought:

Each player has their own private Hero Deck made up of whatever heroes they wish. That gives them each their own HQ area, made of their own Hero Deck.

Now, when any one player's Hero Deck is exhausted, that player is done...out...see ya. He keeps whatever points he has, so they could still win it, but they are done in game play.

Next, whenever a card calls for the removal of a card from the HQ (like an escaping Villain KO-ing a Hero Card form the HQ), then all players lose one card of their choice, according to the rules.

So, you experienced players: how will this work? Any problems or balance issues? I expect some teams to be oddly arranged, but that's the charm of each team.

Of course with the increase of the extra 'rare' cards for each team, then the villain should be boosted a bit, like perhaps adding one scheme twist for two players, two for three players, and three for four or five players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
The increase in total rares is also offset by the increase in total commons, proportionally, it's the same chance.

One issue I see is that the game ends when the hero deck runs out. With every player drawing from a separate deck, the number of cards being drawn every turn is reduced from a specific deck. (4 players each draw one card from one deck, that deck is down 4 cards. 4 players each draw one card from separate decks, each deck is only down 1 card; the game can be four times longer.)

My last issue, if your HQ is filled with crap, you are less able to clear it cause other players wont help get rid of the slag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wohlganger
United States
Valley City
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my wife play like this. We each get a deck of 3 characters. At the end of each turn, the leftmost hero is removed from the game and the rest slide to the left, similarly to villains coming into the city. This keeps the heroes fresh and puts a clock on getting the cards you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent points (do most games end like that: running out of cards?) and an cool option (would it work with four Heroes?). Will crunch numbers, but more experienced players are welcome to comment!!

Keep it coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I can get this concept working, I want to add a strategic option of somehow attacking the other team(s), which would probably be a case of when something bad happens, the heroes can opt to duel instead... each throw their hand down in one full attack, the highest wins and the loser KOs one Hero card in his played cards of his choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mscjec wrote:
Excellent points (do most games end like that: running out of cards?) and an cool option (would it work with four Heroes?). Will crunch numbers, but more experienced players are welcome to comment!!

Keep it coming!

The villains deck running out is commonly a high threat in my games, but the hero deck runs out exceedingly rarely (faster with certain schemes, but not super common).

Without creating a rule out of it, I find in a slight majority of my games, the players naturally go for some heroes and leave some heroes to others (especially heroes who work particularly well with their own cards and are particularly weak with many other heroes). This isn't really the same thing. Certainly nothing wrong with trying it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.