Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
So we have opened up the breakthrough expansion and while generally impressed, we were a bit disappointed how many scenarios mix multiple other expansions together, in many cases you apparently need 4-5 expansions to play them, and in many this includes cases the now discontinued Air Pack.

I realise many people like that because they finally use some of the stuff that wasn't used in previous expansions, but that's not my main point and I'd rather not get into that, and certainly don't mean to rant as the boards are the main component for the expansion and there's loads of scenarios online, so I'm sure we won't run out anytime soon.

I also realise the booklet tells you that sometimes the packs are only suggested because you might need a particular badge or token, which can be proxied if necessary.

What we would appreciate is a bit of advice on which scenarios we can play with the expansions we have and minimal proxying, and which (if any) we cannot play at all. I'm mostly concerned about the Air Pack scenarios. Though I believe at least some of the Air Pack components were released in Winter Wrs?

We currently have:

Memoir
Terrain Pack
Eastern Front
Winter Wars
Breakthrough Pack

(and Mediterranean Theatre should be available after Xmas )

Thanks a lot. I hope someone familiar with these scenarios can save us a bit of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/scenarioapp/
Choose at Show: Only Breakthrough.
In the list at Scenario Info you see the needed expansions (To bad you can not filter for it)
Have fun
Change over to Scenarios from the Front when you are done plaing the official ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wolfram wrote:
Go to: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/scenarioapp/
Choose at Show: Only Breakthrough.
In the list at Scenario Info you see the needed expansions (To bad you can not filter for it)
Have fun
Change over to Scenarios from the Front when you are done plaing the official ones.

Thanks. I'm familiar with this, but I assumed it just tells us the same information (regarding which expansions are required) as the breakthrough booklet? Still even if that's the case, we can use it instead of flicking through the book to find the ones that exactly match, it just won't include those which can easily be proxied. So thanks for reminding me.

Also, FYI, it is possible to filter the scnarios by expansion. Click the green/white + icon on the right, level with 'Search by:'. Then you can click the icons to have them necessary/not required/either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the WINTER WARS scenarios use airplanes, so not much on issue unless you are looking for winter scenery tiles which were included with that expansion. The fact that the AIRPACK icon shows up next to a scenario may only mean that you need some winter tiles which may be garnered from the Eastern Theater Expansion or the Winter Wars Expansion.

FAQ p.40
Quote:
Q. If the Air Pack symbol is at the top of the page, but nothing is said in the Special Rules, do both players get one Air Sortie card (if they agree to use Air Rules)?
A. The Air Pack symbol may just indicate that some terrain from the Air Pack is being used. If the Special Rules don’t say anything about the Air Rules, the scenario was not designed for the Air Rules and they were not used for play testing, so it may change the balance in an unexpected way. The goal is to have fun though, so if both players want to use the Air Rules, each player gets one Air Sortie card.

Quote:
Q. When can I use the Air Rules with Official Memoir ʼ44 scenarios?
A. It is always the choice of the players, but speaking about the Memoir scenarios as designed:
» When the Special Rules state Air Rules are in effect, the scenario was designed and play tested using Air Rules. This does
not mean players have to use Air Rules, but the scenario results may vary from the play tested results.
» When the Special Rules state Air Rules are optional, it means that the scenario was play tested both ways, using Air Rules
and without using Air Rules. The scenario can be played either way.
» When the Special Rules state Air Rules are not in effect, the scenario was designed to not use Air Rules. Air Rules are not
in effect because of historical data.
» When the Special Rules do not comment about Air Rules, the scenario was designed to not use Air Rules. If players
choose to use Air Rules there is no guarantee the scenario will play as the designer actually intended.
» In the Winter Wars expansion none of the scenario designs are played using Air Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.