Popular Tags: [View All]
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local online store is having a Black Friday sale today, and I was thinking of preordering all the ally and villain packs for Imperial Assault.

I was wondering if I should add in the dice pack. To those that have played the game, do you think adding dice would be smart to do? Do you ever have to roll dice multiple times for a single roll because there aren't enough to do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra dice are good to have. If you run 1 Imperial player and 4 hero players, you'll be passing one set of dice around a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
speeds up the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys - I went for the dice.

Definitely couldn't hold myself back from pre-ordering - with the Black Friday sale, General Weiss was less than $9 CDN (less than $8 USD)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson K
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What store??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep in mind all of the dice and packs aren't due until January (according to CoolStuff).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tysonk28 wrote:
What store??

http://www.meeplemart.com

Sale ends tonight at midnight.

I'm about 90% sure they have mispriced the General Weiss pack, but everything is a very good price, especially after the Black Friday discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robcannonsoftware wrote:
Just keep in mind all of the dice and packs aren't due until January (according to CoolStuff).

Yup - I'm getting them to deliver the core set as soon as it comes in, and the expansions will wait until they're ready - January would be nice, but considering they aren't even at the printer yet, I'm thinking February or even March is more likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Tysonk28 wrote:
What store??

http://www.meeplemart.com

Sale ends tonight at midnight.

I'm about 90% sure they have mispriced the General Weiss pack, but everything is a very good price, especially after the Black Friday discount.

Where there do they offer the dice pack already?

And yes... you want them.
I'd at least keep enough dice for each side. That means you will need AT LEAST 2 green dice per side... maybe even 3 (1 on the weapon, 1 focus, 1 extra dice by whatever effects)... Personally I'd buy two dice packs at least. One though will make sure both sides have a white def dice and enough of all the other dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Speidel
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
what are you looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing, pre-ordered everything IA. Couldn't pass up this dealblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Strauss
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are offering black-friday discount on something they don't have in stock. Right.... like that makes lot of sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teth Adam
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with 3 or more players, definitely. 2 players will likely need either the offensive or defensive dice and the set from the box will satisfy.

My descent 2nd group runs 3 sets of dice for 5 players and that makes the dice searching go quick.

In skirmish, if the game plays like heroclix or warhammer - I'd assume that both players would want a full set of dice.

I know I'll get a dice set....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered two extra sets but I like dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got at least 3 sets for each of my descent-like games (i.e. Doom, Descent 1st Ed, Descent 2nd Ed). I fully plan on 3 sets for this game, probably 4.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You ALWAYS need more dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
You ALWAYS need more dice!

Well, I think 4 extra sets should be the max you ever need ;-).... (at least that does it for Descent Journeys into the Dark, First Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Signore
Italy
Napoli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you don't need them. You can play with the set of dice included in the box. This is one of the very few instances in which I buy a FFG boardgame and I don't need to buy anything else to make it complete.
Of course, it's an optional buy. If you like 'em...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.