Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Suppose I have both Beowulf's Resolve and Beowulf's Daring cards.
If I use Daring to turn over 5 cards and then fail to match any of them, can I use Beowulf's Resolve to turn over 5 cards again? or just 2 cards? It is not clear from English translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Beowulf's Daring lets you flip five cards on a Risk rather than two. Beowulf's Resolve makes it as if the previous Risk didn't happen. However if you had played Beowulf's Daring on the previous Risk that card remains played and the effect was already carried out, so if you Risk again you get only two cards.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Octavian - playing Beowulf's Resolve means the risk did not occur, but it does not mean Beowulf's Daring was not played. As soon as a card is played its effect takes place and the card is discarded.

The previous Risk simply did not take place with Resolve, so whether it used 2 or 5 cards is irrelevant. When faced with the option to Risk again, you would go into the Risk facing the normal situation - Risk by drawing 2 cards or decline the Risk opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.