Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Siena first the first time and encountered some problems with the rules. Hope anyone can clear these questions for me
1: The courtesan: what happens if I don’t have enough money to pay? Am I simply reduces to 0 florins? What if there are 2 courtesans and I have only 10 florins? Do I pay for one and the second one stays in the inn?
2: The beggar: what happens if I don’t have enough money to pay for him? And I want to pay? Must I take a wooden cube?
3: producing goods: if there is already a cube of a resource and I play a card that does not have that resource, do I stay get to sell that available resource anyway?
4: buying Senesi cards: Can I buy these cards even if my action did not earn me 10 or more florins? If the answer is yes then, does “every time” means that if I get at the beginning of the turn 8 florins and then 5 because I landed on a yellow building means I can buy to cards lose 2 for the first one (8 – 10), and then another 5 for the second one?
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll answer the ones I definitely remember the answer for:

ycyclop wrote:
We played Siena first the first time and encountered some problems with the rules. Hope anyone can clear these questions for me
1: The courtesan: what happens if I don’t have enough money to pay? Am I simply reduces to 0 florins? What if there are 2 courtesans and I have only 10 florins? Do I pay for one and the second one stays in the inn?

You pay all your money and remove all of the courtesans. In your example, you would pay the 10 florins you have, then remove both courtesans from the board.

ycyclop wrote:
2: The beggar: what happens if I don’t have enough money to pay for him? And I want to pay? Must I take a wooden cube?

I don't remember, but I suspect it works like the courtesans... pay what you have. Only take a cube if you have the florins and don't pay him. Check the other forums for this one.

ycyclop wrote:
3: producing goods: if there is already a cube of a resource and I play a card that does not have that resource, do I stay get to sell that available resource anyway?

You can only sell goods that match your card. If your card doesn't have a good on it, you cannot sell any cubes of that good that may be on the board.

ycyclop wrote:
4: buying Senesi cards: Can I buy these cards even if my action did not earn me 10 or more florins? If the answer is yes then, does “every time” means that if I get at the beginning of the turn 8 florins and then 5 because I landed on a yellow building means I can buy to cards lose 2 for the first one (8 – 10), and then another 5 for the second one?

I'm almost certain that you can only buy the 1 or 2 cards by taking a reduction in the amount you earn from selling goods. If the amount you earned from selling goods is not enough, you can't buy the cards.

Most importantly, you can ONLY do this as a Merchant!

ycyclop wrote:
Thank you

Enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
generalpf wrote:
kvn299 wrote:
Enjoy the game!

Yes, and if you figure out how to do that, let us in on the secret.

Ah... why you gotta hate so much!

Although I haven't played it in a while, I do enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
Except for the senesi card, we played everything as you answered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite all these pointless negative comments, I think Siena is a very cool game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.