Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Woods
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says that any darkstone forging is permanent and can't be moved to a different weapon. What about a free rune the blacksmith gives you when you roll double 6's. It mentions Rune like item cards and doesn't mention darkstones at all. Can this be transferred?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Orguss2 wrote:
The rulebook says that any darkstone forging is permanent and can't be moved to a different weapon. What about a free rune the blacksmith gives you when you roll double 6's. It mentions Rune like item cards and doesn't mention darkstones at all. Can this be transferred?

All the Gear [Darkness, Shadows, the Traveller and Void] and Town Item [Fortitude, Protection and Regeneration] Runes have the Darkstone glyph.

I don't have the chart your talking about to hand so I can't check the exact wording. But it seems likely given the other Runes and items the Blacksmith forges can't be moved that the Unique Forging can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upgrades purchased in town are not transferrable. It says that somewhere in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Woods
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A) it is not purchased. It is given B) It says darkstone forge upgrades, can't be removed. It's not that either.

On the same vein, can more than one be applied to a weapon? Forge ones are solitary per item, yet again, is it a darkstone forge upgrade? Not that I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Gardner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say any upgrade that isn't a card can't be removed. As upgrade cards list a cost to attach and move or are free to attach. Blacksmith items, or the event list a cost so I would say that it is also permanent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Having checked the wording of the event it is stated to be forged onto your item.

So it comes under upgrades forged onto your item by the Blacksmith, which can't be removed.

c.f. Forging Darkstone on p39 of the Swamps of Jargono Adventure book.

Possibly for future proofing the rules there do not require the upgrade to include Dark Stone. I'd expect the Werewolf Mission pack to add silvering Weapons as something he can do for example.

Since it is also repeatedly described as unique, I'd suggest it is at minimum Limit 1 per Player and possibly Limit 1 per Posse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Bryond
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What about the 2nd ability of Rune of Regeneration?
It says the rune has to be destroyed, but in which way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.