United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out DoomGloom Dungeon!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
Global: Pay (shield). Swap the attack value of one of your characters with that of one opposing character.

What exactly does that mean? A die in the opponents Ready Area or Attack Zone? Do we swap dice? How long does it last?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickydude wrote:
Global: Pay (shield). Swap the attack value of one of your characters with that of one opposing character.

What exactly does that mean? A die in the opponents Ready Area or Attack Zone? Do we swap dice? How long does it last?
You choose one of your characters in the field (the attack zone is still in the field). You also choose one of your opponent's characters in the field. Those 2 characters trade their Attack numbers. You just have to remember the Attacks for those 2 characters is different. It lasts until the end of the turn.

For example:

I am attacking you with 2 Sidekicks. You only have one character in play, and it is 8A/8D.

You block one of my Sidekicks.

I have a [shield], and use it to swap my 1A on my unblocked Sidekick, with your 8A on your blocking Character. Now my unblocked Sidekick as 8A, and you take that much damage. Your Character still has 1A and knocks out my blocked sidekick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out DoomGloom Dungeon!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
Got you, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that if the other player also has a "shield" he may also use the Transfer Power Global.

I'd say that he could use Transfer Power with another pair or characters (not affected by any previous Transfer Power), right?

Can anyone confirm?

Also, following your example, if the defending player had a [shield], I guess the only way he had to prevent the 8 damage was to be the first one to use that Global, for example, prior to Attack phase (when the attacking player would probably use the global). The 8A/8D blocker would then switch to 1A/8D (and the attacking sidekick would have 8A/1D), but the defender could assign his only blocker to the 8A sidekick, right? This way the attacker would only deal 1 damage with the unblocked 1A Sidekick.

EDIT: hmmm according to this thread (with the experience on a tournament as a kind-of-official-confirmation) it looks as if the Transfer Power could be used back and forth on the same pair of characters (as long as they pay shields), so the player with most shields (or the last to play a shield) would "win".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.