Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can somebody please explain this card to me?
There would seem to be some punctuation missing.
I may be a bit dense today, but I just don't follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
In phase 2 of a round you choose the dice.
The 2-die has five options: Take one of the three harvest goods or draw a card or play a card.
The 5-die has three options: advance on the siesta track two spaces, or make two upgrades, or make one upgrade and advance one step on the siesta track.

So if you chose the 2-die and take/play a card, you are entitled to make a free delivery to a market barrow.
And if you chose the 5-die and chose to advance on the siesta-track, then you also have the opportunity to make a free delivery to a market barrow.

But only once per round.
If you take both the 2-die and the 5-die, you can make only one delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now it makes sense. Thank you so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Marion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old thread, but I ran into a question about timing for this card.

If I have the Marketer, and I choose revenue die #2 to play a barrow card, can I use the Marketer's ability to now deliver to the barrow I just played? I assume the answer is yes, but someone in my group challenged it by saying the helper's ability triggered before the dice resolved. The card text states "when you use a die", so I admit it's not 100% clear.

Andreas?

(I introduced two new people to the game today at my local store. They both enjoyed it very much!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. You can do it.

First the trigger, then the effect. You cannot do two things at the same side. The trigger is the use of a die #2 or #5 (with the mentioned actions) and after that you may immediately deliver one time. Since the card now is in play it can be used for the delivery. The "immediately" means you cannot do it later, e.g. in the transportation phase. It has to be done right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Then we played it correctly.

When I was teaching my friends how to play today (one of them even won our match), they kept asking me about timing since they are accustomed to more rigid games. I repeatedly reassured them that part of the beauty of La Granja is that timing is rarely an issue. You don't get cheated out of an action because you didn't perform it at some specific time. (Don't worry, I pointed out things like color-coded helpers, craft markers, and roof tiles that had to be used during certain phases.) It's a big part of why I find the game so relaxing and enjoyable.

I also mentioned that if I asked about the card here, you would probably answer very quickly. And here you are! Your continued support of La Granja here on BGG has made me a fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, James. That means a lot to me!

You guys have fun playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.