Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wanted to be sure I'm understanding the Line of Sight rules. In the example on page 11, I assume the green arrow inicates that LOS exists, and the red arrows indicate LOS is blocked?

So in the left hand example, LOS is clear because the object it is crossing is a table, not a blocking object.

In the middle example, LOS is blocked (even though there is no blocking object) because of the corner.

In the right hand example, LOS is blocked because the LOS line runs along the edge of (but not through) the blocking object.

The last two examples are different from the way LOS works in most other games, so I wanted to be sure I was understanding them correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct on all points.

Green = Has LOS
Red = No LOS

And yes, LOS is a little more restrictive in this game. Usually however with the rectangular rooms and long corridors LOS doesn't come into play nearly at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! Now to get back to losing....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.