Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Deploy your heroes initially to Northwest and East Wall spaces. Obviously, this may change once the Mexican units deploy. From these corner positions, your heroes can lay down fire on every approach except the South Wall. If a single Mexican unit approaches the South Wall, use your attack markers to fend them off. Only if the Mexicans launch a major attack against the South Wall (i.e. two units), consider deploying a hero here. Even then, you'll be pressed to use him elsewhere. Just be very careful not to get him killed on a Storming attack against the Wall space (i.e. the Reserve is part of the attack). It is okay for your heroes to die in the Zero space. Preserve your heroes for the final showdown.

Whichever track Santa Ana approaches on, move your hero off the Wall space for that track. While the Straight Shooting bonus is attractive, the real danger is the strength of this Mexican unit. It is the most powerful. So it has a 50% chance of scaling the walls and killing your hero. This is catastrophic. Holding The Alamo with two heroes is tough. With just one, it is almost impossible. When Santa Ana approaches, move your hero away. Watch out for the Commit the Reserve card which grants this unit a double-move! Position your heroes so if your Attack marker fire or one of your heroes don't drive off the Reserve from the Wall space, you can position your remaining hero for a final showdown in the Zero space.

Keep an eye on the Duque and Cos units. Given their lower quality, they can be Disordered. Try to anticipate this opportunity so they are on their #4 space at the beginning of the turn and you don't have to waste your Attack marker fire on them.

Prioritize your fire on Morales, Cos, and Romero in that order. Duque is the least dangerous unit. Only open up on the Reserve on the #2 or Wall spaces. If it is the only unit on a Wall space, let it have it with everything you've got. If there are other units on Wall spaces, I prefer to drive them off first. Obviously, your gut will tell you when you must override this principle and prioritize the Reserve (i.e. you think it is going to advance next turn). I like to keep the Storming die rolls against the Zero space to a minimum.

Good luck. You'll need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.