Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got this recently with a Spielbox Magazine (what the tiles lays on) and the rear has a white border misprint.

Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but since these tiles are supposed to be hidden information (winter tiles) in the game, having a tile like this essentially makes it a “marked card” and not possible to use in the game.

Anyone else had this problem?

Image pending approval: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2324391/keyflower-empori...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binnet wrote:
So I got this recently with a Spielbox Magazine (what the tiles lays on) and the rear has a white border misprint.

Your image is pending approval as of my reply, but couldn't you have the tiles drawn from a bag and kept from view?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks for letting me know, I guess I'll have to wait for approval.

Well you draw Winter Tiles before the game starts and then keep them in "your hand" until the last and 4th round when you decide to play some of them face down on the table, when everyone has played, you flip them. This would kind of give away a lot of information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binnet wrote:
Okay, thanks for letting me know, I guess I'll have to wait for approval.

Well you draw Winter Tiles before the game starts and then keep them in "your hand" until the last and 4th round when you decide to play some of them face down on the table, when everyone has played, you flip them. This would kind of give away a lot of information.

Oh, I know how they work. What I was saying is you have the players draw, at the beginning of the game, from a bag and then keep the tiles hidden until the end of the game. This way, the other players will not have seen what was drawn, so the only person who can see the informative mark is the player who owns the tile (tiles aren't kept secret from the players that have them). So long as the tiles are kept behind player screens, I don't see the issue (or perhaps you could instruct the players to place a less identifiable tiles on top).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I agree with Enon. Draw from a bag. One drawn keep them behind your screen or have the marked tile at the bottom of the stack.

Having not seen the picture yet either, I'm not sure how bad it is. Would taking a green crayon to it help? I've done that in other games where pieces might have some marking - scratch, torn backing, or offset printing.

If it is too bad can you return or replace it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I could technically draw from a bag and them keep the winter tiles hidden behind my screen for the duration of the game.
This wouldn't help with solving the problem of the tile being obvious when played out in the 4th round.
But when I pay 10 USD for a couple of tiles I sort of expect it not to have flaws.

I apparently uploaded the file in the wrong way so here is a photo:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's unfortunate. I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. Mine are certainly fine. Have you contacted the publisher?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
binnet wrote:
This wouldn't help with solving the problem of the tile being obvious when played out in the 4th round.

This isn't a huge issue. Have everyone drop their tiles in the box lid or something else that might obscure them until you can shuffle them up.

And the point of this is just offer some work around for the time being. I still think you should contact Spielbox and/our the seller. I think you have a legitimate gripe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Hello Victor, send me an e-mail at rqbreese@gmail.com and I will arrange for a replacement. Hope you enjoy the game. Best wishes, Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Hello Victor, send me an e-mail at rqbreese@gmail.com and I will arrange for a replacement. Hope you enjoy the game. Best wishes, Richard

Thank you Richard!
Sorry for my late reply but Spielbox came through and replaced it for me! Great game and it was nice seeing you at Spiel this year. I now have my hands on all the promos hehe...
Thanks for being such an attentive designer. Merry Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was musprinted the same way. I have seen others for sell on ebay and in the marketplace that had this same error. I think it was a pretty common error unfortunately. Maybe I'll try contacting Richard too to see if he can help me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.