Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Brock
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This definitely looks like the kind of game for me, but with a few Out of Print expansions and a base game that needs updating, I'm reluctant to get into this. I've heard rumours and suggestions from the designer about a Master Set or Big Box and sounds like just the kind of thing I would love to get my hands on.

The question is however, is this just a pipe dream that I could be waiting for and nothing ever comes, or is this something that is actually being thought about seriously.

Just need to know wether I should take the incomplete plunge now, or wait for a complete game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brueckner
Germany
Loerrach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not expect a master set as long as 51st and new era still can be bought from portal. Economically that would not make sense. I hope that whenthe masterset will become available it will be combinable with the original , means will have same card size and back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's likely that there will be a Master Set, Ignacy has mentioned thinking about it, but not for a long while. There are two things you have to keep in mind here:

* Imperial Settlers is mechanically the same game and a far more successful one.
* Master Sets are expensive to produce and have much lower sales - most gamers don't buy expansions together with the base game.

For the set to have any success, it needs to be reworked and cleaned up, which is very expensive. The only thing I can see here would be a Kickstarter campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaweĊ‚ Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
What I'd love is a 2nd edition of base 51st State, with icons updated to match New Era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halos wrote:
This definitely looks like the kind of game for me, but with a few Out of Print expansions and a base game that needs updating, I'm reluctant to get into this. I've heard rumours and suggestions from the designer about a Master Set or Big Box and sounds like just the kind of thing I would love to get my hands on.

The question is however, is this just a pipe dream that I could be waiting for and nothing ever comes, or is this something that is actually being thought about seriously.

Just need to know wether I should take the incomplete plunge now, or wait for a complete game!

There is an Xmas sale now on the ports website. I asked on Twitter though and it sounds as though the big box is still in the works.

Also, from what I understand, imperial settlers is an easier game than 51st state. I expect it will have a good, but different, run, especially as expansions come out and make the games even more different.

I'm waiting for the 51st state big box though. I'm patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Lyons
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignacy just posted on twitter that the 51st State Master Set is scheduled for 2016.

https://twitter.com/trzewik/status/586251025507553282
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mwrenn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case anyone else was using this thread as an alarm clock for the Master Set (as I was - though my alarm is several months late):
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/192458/51st-state-ma...

There's a pre-order campaign at Portal to generate extra goodies, similar to a kickstarter. That thread here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1513160/pre-order-campa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thank you Matt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.