Dave Gorman
msg tools
Hi could someone post the list of additional French units in the Prussian expansion?
Thanks
I have almost finished painting the prussian ones just the horse artillery and generals to go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 unit of Line Infantry, 2 units of Young Guard Infantry, 2 units of Old Guard Infantry, 1 Leader, 3 units of Light Cavalry, 1 unit of Light Lancer Cavalry, 4 units of Heavy Cavalry, 1 unit of Light Guard Cavalry, 1 unit of Foot Artillery, and 1 unit of Horse Artillery.

Quite an addition to the French OOB!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of those were not also included in one of the previous expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

None. All of these French units were introduced in earlier expansions. There are just more of them to deal with now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gorman
msg tools
Thanks for the replies.

I think the only additional unit that isn't covered from the extra blocks in previous expansions is the horse artillery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well yes, but what I meant was how many of these units (not unit types) were included in previous expansions.
I dont want to sticker and store more french old guard blocks since the Russian expansion already gave me plenty extra of those, but I cant remember if that the case for the rest of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pitman
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
That's in case some of them decide to take French leave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great to hear! I can add them to my own Master List of Units available for all nations.

I seem to have about twice the French units of any Ally from owning one of each expansion. Therefore this is the model for my anticipated extemporized multimap battles: two French players vs two different Allied players, as frequently occurred historically.

One can only wonder--will any additional units be supplied with the actual Grande Bataille set when it comes out? Guess it will depend on the scenarios it contains vs the OB I now have on hand, in terms of available units needed to play the larger scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that with each expansion we get enough additional French blocks to fill out their requirements for those scenarios. The we get a number of additional spares blocks—usually 4 Infantry, 4 Artillery/Leaders, and 3 or 4 Cavalry for each the French and expansion-specific army.

Naturally, anyone catching all the expansions is going to have a huge French army in comparison to the others—plus all those spares! For the French, that's a lot of excess blocks—but I'm hip!

I imagine we'll get the necessary blocks to play out the scenarios for Grande Battaile, too, if any are needed. However, I've noticed in other Epic titles they try to keep things so that all you will need is the base game and a particular army expansion for the forces in a particular battle. So we should't need any more blocks—but who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:

I imagine we'll get the necessary blocks to play out the scenarios for Grande Battaile, too, if any are needed. However, I've noticed in other Epic titles they try to keep things so that all you will need is the base game and a particular army expansion for the forces in a particular battle. So we should't need any more blocks—but who knows?

Yes! Excited for 2021, when it is released!

Apology for the sarcasm...Prussians were a long wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Updated the Content lists of all expansions (added unit blocks)

http://www.ccnapoleonics.net/Rules/Expansion-4/contents-expa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.