Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
104 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Just got an email from CSI: they won't be able to fulfill my pre-order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
didn't get enough. They expect more in January
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got this email:

Quote:
Thank you for preordering the Terra Mystica Fire & Ice expansion with us. Unfortunately, the game was allocated from Z-Man Games and the exclusive distributor received a tiny fraction of their initial order. This, in turn, resulted in a heavy cut to all retailer preorders. We keep a close watch on our preorder numbers and if there is the possibility of a shortage we limit preorders to the minimum quantity expected. While we only accepted preorders for 20% of the quantity we ordered from the distributor this turned out to be overly optimistic; only 2% of our order was filled. A reprint of the expansion is to arrive in the U.S. in late January.

Again, we apologize for this situation. On future preorders from this manufacture we will be even more conservative. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to make changes to, or cancel, your preorder.

It's not clear that I am not in the 2% whose pre-order will be filled. I emailed them back and asked for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
char(filter(1,[1 -1],[66 5 0 -39 82 -3 -12 8 8 -82]))
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the same e-mail. I'm assuming that if they were able to fulfill my order, they would have said so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the same email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stuko
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I got this e-mail also. Ticks me off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Eikermann
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a feeling this was going to happen. Cancelled my order last week and picked up a copy at my FLGS and I am glad I did it now.

Sorry to all of you who were expecting a copy. I have had a few frustrating experiences with CSI lately. This however, sounds like a Zman issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering how they hire someone to run Zman.

Lowest IQ in the graduating class?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. I'm sorry that happened. The good news is there ARE copies to be had if you look around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke s.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The dutch publisher (white goblin games) is even worse.

January 2014: They first announce that an expansion is in the makings
april 2014: website says they are busy translating

so far so good right? u'd expect the dutch version should be available at around october.
But since i wanted to be sure i mailed them for info. First mail no reply whatsoever. Second mail resulted in a reply saying that news would appear on website, so they replied, but not much useful information.

october 2014: on website they announce the expansion to become available somewhere in the beginning of 2015.

At this point i knew they'd probable go for the ultimate disappointment and print it in march 2015, this still being in the first quarter of the year.

So i just ordered a german version, the only thing that's german on the board are the faction names, and 1 of those is yeti's which is pretty much the same in any language. No big deal, but did get the expansion 6 months earlier, within 2 weeks after it's release. And i'm glad i spent my money at the original publisher, they deserve it.

I'm no games publisher so i might be a bit off here, but taking over 1 year for translating the rule book and starting a printing run seems a bit long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they learned this lesson a few games back and stopped taking preorders for z-man games . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick ZInn
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the frustrating part of this hobby. I also got the email...it is holding up other games I wanted. And if they said January, I actually expect it will show up in June sometime. Just pathetic how something that should be a huge hit right now is going to come out in dribs and drabs. Guessing the morons who didn't plan well wont be getting the Christmas bonus they could have. Bah humbug yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I got tired of waiting and ordered a copy from funagain last week and cancelled my CSI preorder. Was worried I had made a mistake by doing so. Lucky me. My copy is on the way. They are sold out now though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Columbia
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobcatpoet wrote:
Bummer. I'm sorry that happened. The good news is there ARE copies to be had if you look around.

Where? I'm striking out everywhere I look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadw09 wrote:
bobcatpoet wrote:

Where? I'm striking out everywhere I look.

I found at least 6 stores in Canada with stock...

http://www.greatboardgames.ca/terra-mystica-3941.html
http://www.woodforsheep.ca/products/terra-mystica-fire-ice
http://www.revolution-games.com/shop/index.php?main_page=pro...
http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/30798-Terra-Mystica-Fire-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Columbia
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I previously looked at Meeplemart but they won't ship to the U.S. but I found one on your list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick ZInn
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered one from Canada....thanks for the idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
o the same email...I PRESUME that they are filling the order in the order that they were ordered...and reading between the lines-seems they expected a min of 20 copies and got only 2-thus only the first 2 orderers will get theirs.....wonder why ZMan suddenly blows??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick ZInn
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actually to get 2, they would have had to order 100...which is probably more the case... Zman really screwed the pooch again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
prob like a thousand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in Jacksonville can swing by my place to play. I've had my Z-Man edition since October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gemini6Ice Gemini6Ice
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... I did not get such e-mail. But my preorder is still sitting as pre-order at CSI and has not shipped. This is pretty infuriating: I could have bought a copy in-person at BGGCon too, but I went, nah, my pre-order should be shipping soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you didn't get the email, I'd guess you are one of the 2 people who are actually going to get it....either that or your email/contact info is faulty.

Gemini6Ice wrote:
So... I did not get such e-mail. But my preorder is still sitting as pre-order at CSI and has not shipped. This is pretty infuriating: I could have bought a copy in-person at BGGCon too, but I went, nah, my pre-order should be shipping soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Rosenberg
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
I sent CSI an email. They claimed anything ordered after the 17th will not get fulfilled. They do claim the game is being reprinted and expected to arrive in late January. I have my doubts about that, but who knows?

My biggest annoyance is how long it took CSI to let me know what was going on. They did not email me until Friday evening. At this point, every other retailer was long sold out... They also would not let me know where I stand in line. Who knows if the next shipment will have enough to fullfill this order..

I order quite a few boardgames through CSI throughout the year (about $700 worth) and I might be taking my business elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd M
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyr35 wrote:
I sent CSI an email. They claimed anything ordered after the 17th will not get fulfilled.

The 17th of October? Because I ordered mine at the end of October and received the same email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No surprise that another Z-Man game can't even handle the pre-order demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.