Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Late Night Gamer
Norway
flag msg tools
http://youtube.com/lnightg
badge
mbmb
A problem with the AI is that the dummy will gobble up DNA even if it can´t use it for expanding and that will quickly get it overspecialized and a victim for catastrophes. I´m experimenting with letting the dummy buy and discard (if it cant use it for expanding) the cheapest card (even if it can play it) rather than incorporate it into the genome. That way it will it least drive the game forward and try to keep its genome small. It will also buy and discard genotype cards (else they just sit around and eventually becomes free VP for you. I do, however, let dummy buy roadrunner DNA, but only if it is advantageous for it (if it will outrun any predators or let it become a predator itself). There could be some errata for the AI player priorities, the current rules drives it to extinction fast (of course you could always Lazarus it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oops, i've been playing it that way accidentally. AI does very well in the few games i've played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
How sticky is your ZOC?
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you meant a species with A and I

I almost never playit with the AI I prefer just playing all colors when I solo.

move along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrJork wrote:
I almost never playit with the AI I prefer just playing all colors when I solo.

move along.

That has to be a decent undertaking…. How long does a run-thru like that take you?

I see how it could be advantageous with the ability to predate the other species instead of being stranded in a solitaire run...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.