Mike from VIAHART
msg tools
Hello BGG Forums!

My name is Mike. I invented, submitted provisonal patent for, manufactured, and now sell a board game called Rubber Road™ (a connection game which uses rubber bands as the gamepieces). I happen also to be the founder of a company which designs, manufactures, and distributes consumer products, which made the process of bringing Rubber Road™ to life much easier. If you've got any questions about manufacturing, importing, or distribution, I may be able to help with that!

If this thread gets some traction and comments, I'll pick three people who comment to receive a Rubber Road.

The rules of Rubber Road™ and videos of how to play and useful strategies: www.viahart.com/rubber-road
Buy Rubber Road™ on Amazon.com: www.amazon.com/dp/B00P5WTBA8?tag=article-boardgamegeek-20
Buy Rubber Road™ at VIAHART.com (cheaper!): www.viahart.com/toys-games/board-games/rubber-road-rubber-ba...

Check out this unsolicted review we just got!

A new classic! Rubber Road is easy to pick up. You can learn all of the rules in a matter of minutes. Yet the intricacies of its strategy are actually quite involved. After receiving the beautifully packaged game, I played 4 games with my dad, an International Master in chess. He found the game engaging. His chess psyche was interested in the strategy in a way I've seen it try to conquer traditional board games like Othello, Scrabble, and Chinese Checkers. There are patterns to be identified, heuristics to be employed, and a balance of offense with defense. Games can go fairly quickly - I think our average game was probably 5-10 minutes - which is a nice length for a game of this strategic depth. Don't get me wrong though - you don't need to be a chess master to play Rubber Road. The rules could easily be picked up by an 8 year old. Yet, there's enough strategy involved to interest people of all ages and skill levels. The set itself is composed of a nicely crafted wood board, cloth bags filled with the eponymous rubber bands, and a well-written glossy instruction sheet. It's a perfect game for travel since the rubber bands stay in place on the board regardless of movement. Rubber Road could easily become a new classic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting.

However it looks very very similar to Twixt even the colours are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
Canada
flag msg tools
You can't fall when you've hit the bottom
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this just a geoboard?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoboard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
Canada
flag msg tools
You can't fall when you've hit the bottom
mbmbmbmbmb
...with the game Hex laid overtop the geoboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.