Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone else feel that Mykerinos could be expanded into a 5 player game? My (very) rough idea:

* Extra set of players pieces (duh!)
* Add an extra set of extra patron cards [more below], plus a sixth wing to the museum.
* Add an extra 'neutral' card worth 5 points.

Play as normal in the first round. In the second and third rounds, add an extra row of cards.

The "sixth power" might be difficult to decide on... one idea is to allow a player to pick up a cube already placed, and place it on an empty space (not a pyramid) adjacent to one of his other cubes.

More powers could be thought of, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me personally an extra player would likely ruin the game.

It would add just too much chaos and destroy just about any shot at planning you could have. Too much would go on between your turns to be able to carry through any sort of strategy. You would be left with hoping that your opponents would leave you with a worthwhile play.

I think that 4 players is the top end for this game to keep it as satisfying an experience as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
It would add just too much chaos and destroy just about any shot at planning you could have.

My feeling is that with 4 players this is already a tactical game and not a long-term planning game. It might still be fun to try, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.