Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The entrance of Marteuse is rolled: Chromo-Technics Lab. There is already a Zeds unit there.

By rule, I believe I therefore put the new Ravagers one space lower (i.e. TUNNEL 6). This occasions two questions:

(a) Does Marteuse enter with the Ravagers on 6 or stay on TUNNEL 7 (Chromo-Technics Lab)? A close reading of the rules reveals, I believe, that Marteuse doesn't count in stacking so I think he stays on TUNNEL 7 and doesn't have his Ravagers as bodyguards.

(b) The Ravagers entering on TUNNEL 6 are entering right on top of Rusty Staub, my new crossbow-wielding hero. I take it therefore that this creates instant hand-to-hand between Rusty and the Ravagers?

Thanks for replies. --David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey David.
That's the way I play it, too (both, a and b)
Except that Zeds are placed on the next higher numbered space if they cause overstacking. In your case this would be the starting space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines,

Thank you. On a related note, with two Zed units on the Tunnel track, one moves forward just ahead of the other and attacks and has to retreat, back to its previous spot. The other is right behind him. So does that other Zed try to move forward, fail because of stacking, and therefore not get to move at all?

Thank you for pointing out it is the higher-numbered space these units that overstack move toward. I was making things too hard on myself, thinking it was the closer space to Town Center that they went to. Well, that makes the game a little bit easier!

–David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Gardner wrote:
On a related note, with two Zed units on the Tunnel track, one moves forward just ahead of the other and attacks and has to retreat, back to its previous spot. The other is right behind him. So does that other Zed try to move forward, fail because of stacking, and therefore not get to move at all?

Yes, that´s correct.
But remember that an unlimited number of Zeds can stack in the Catacombs spaces.

So here´s an example situation that can happen:
Let´s say you have 3 Zeds in the Catacombs space 5, next to the Marteuse Office space. There is a friendly unit in the Office space.
The 3 Zeds do not form a Zeds mob.

No you have movement on the tunnel track.

Zed 1: Rolls a 1-3, so it moves and attacks the friendly unit. It loses the attack and retreats back into the Catacombs. The Office space is still Zeds free.

Zed 2
: Rolls a 1-3, moves into the office space, wins the attack and stays in the space (adding Chaos marker).

Zed 3: Cannot move into the Office space because there´s already a Zeds unit there (no stacking in tunnel tracks other than Catacombs). Still you have to roll a die because you might roll a 6 and the Zeds get lost.

Extended example:
Zed 3 rolls a 6. Now you roll for the space it re-apprears. A "4": Marteuse Office Space. It cannot be placed there, since Zed 2 is already in the space. So it´s placed in the space with the next higher number. That´s the Catacombs it came from. Although it returned to the space it came from it is not lost (removed) because the die roll itself didn´t show a 5.

Errrmmm... confused now?
Hope not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not confused at all because your example was so clear. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.