Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules explicitly allow the Union to intercept a Confederate naval move (6.52). Can the Confederate do the same? If so, if the Confederate loses the battle, can the Union continue its movement to its originally intended destination? Also, can a confederate force in Williamsburg intercept a naval move by the Union destined to Fort Monroe?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to say no due to this

For the People Rules wrote:
5.81 INTERCEPTION PROCEDURE: Any force with a general (not a general alone) may attempt interception. An interception can occur whenever an active enemy force enters an adjacent road/rail connected space that does not contain an enemy SP or fort.

It does not say river connected in 5.81. I think 6.52 is a specific exception to 5.81 that the Union has the capability to execute due to their phenomenal cosmic power over waterways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree. If the Confederates are adjacent by road or rail, they may intercept. How the Union arrives is not relevant.

The Confederates may only intercept into Fort Monroe if it is Confederate controlled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
I disagree. If the Confederates are adjacent by road or rail, they may intercept. How the Union arrives is not relevant.

The Confederates may only intercept into Fort Monroe if it is Confederate controlled.

Thanks, Dave. Now, if the confederate loses the battle, can the Union continue its movement to its originally intended port?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not read the OP closely enough.

Union naval movement is *not* space by space; it has a start point and an end point. The *only* place an interception can occur is when the Union force attempts to land, i.e. the end point. The only place the naval move can be interrupted before that is by a Running The Guns procedure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirubin wrote:
I did not read the OP closely enough.

Union naval movement is *not* space by space; it has a start point and an end point. The *only* place an interception can occur is when the Union force attempts to land, i.e. the end point. The only place the naval move can be interrupted before that is by a Running The Guns procedure.

Well, that simplifies things then. Thanks for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.