Subject: Tournament curiosity. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I watched the streamed portion of the tournament and noticed a distinct lack of Visionary and Tachyon. I'm curious why those characters didn't get drafted at all.

I haven't had the opportunity to play much, but when we did, Tachyon was a beast! I can't imagine Visionary being much of a slouch either, despite being mostly support. Seeing as the number of Citizen Dawn/Truth combos there were, I'm interested to know why Visionary was glossed over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at the tournament (not on one of the streamed teams) and played Tachyon twice. Did great the first game but got my hat handed to me in the second (I only got one full activation and spent the next two Incapacitated/ineffective).

I really think it depends on the situation but have not played enough to recognize all of the situations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mojobacca wrote:
I watched the streamed portion of the tournament and noticed a distinct lack of Visionary and Tachyon. I'm curious why those characters didn't get drafted at all.

I haven't had the opportunity to play much, but when we did, Tachyon was a beast! I can't imagine Visionary being much of a slouch either, despite being mostly support. Seeing as the number of Citizen Dawn/Truth combos there were, I'm interested to know why Visionary was glossed over.

For myself, I was shy of taking the characters with few hit points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Also, Proletariat was absent. I can imagine him being annoying as hell! "Oh, you hit me for 6 damage? Nope, that was one of my clones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Sand
Denmark
Ishøj
Select a State or Province
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What streamed tournament is this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamfer wrote:
What streamed tournament is this?

This one.

You get see the stream at the GtG twitch channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
People avoid Prole because he's all melee and his movement increase options cost him his damage or toughness.

To really use him well you need teammate that can set you up, and if you are rolling that you are better off with Ra, Operative, Unity or Ambuscade.

Beacon Proletariat is my favorite use of him, Bolstering Team-up -> Overwhelm is incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Dennis
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was dissapointed by the lack of variety I saw in teams .. almost everyone game was similiar in team make up. Also hoping they eventually will add all the characters from the card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revvbard wrote:
I was dissapointed by the lack of variety I saw in teams .. almost everyone game was similiar in team make up. Also hoping they eventually will add all the characters from the card game.

It was a small tournament with a lot of beginners (so shying away from the more complicated characters), dominated by a couple of teams that had worked out some good strategies (so other teams tended to copy the same characters from them), and of the broadcast stream's eight games the two teams that made the finals played in six of them and made up both sides in the final three games.

There was a bit more variety in some of the other 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round matches, and I'd expect future tournaments to have a wider range of characters taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.