Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

How does a soldat with a Panzerfaust work?

Do you have to have a Panzerfaust card and attach it to any rifleman?

Does it only apply to a figure with the Panzerfaust or an emblem???

It's a one shot and done. Not two shots?

Can the rifleman shot with the rifle or panzerfaust at any time?

After the shot he can just revert to a rifleman?

Any card examples of a soldat shown with the panzerfaust?

Or is it with an emblem??

Any pics of a soldat with the panzerfaust?

How does that template work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
One shot and you're done...then revert to a rifleman. You can use him as a rifleman until you fire the panzerfaust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Anderson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an equipment card: It usually says Only soldier that has note on his card or miniature has the weapon. I say it that way in case future cards are worded differently.

One shot only. Range 5 squares, use the rocket template.

Can shoot with one or the other, not both in the same shot, but yes, with one or the other at any time.

After the shot reverts to rifleman.

The template has a little "half moon" shape on the back. You "hook" that into the target in a straight line from the firing soldier. Jeff demonstrated this to me at Fall-In! recently.

George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If the plastic template overarcs any bases those soldiers are hit right?

not killed, right? Then you draw 3 Action cards to determine kills or

wounds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Constantinople wrote:

If the plastic template overarcs any bases those soldiers are hit right?

not killed, right? Then you draw 3 Action cards to determine kills or

wounds?
Kills, wounds or ... Zips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Anderson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to draw blast checks for each under the template. Then you draw damage checks for each one that is hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK you've got a target, how does that template work?

Where does that half moon go? Placed anywhere along the straight line?

I presume it can be placed in the middle of the 3rd square if you wish?

Can it extend from the 5th sq into a 6th square? Or must it all be contained in that 5th square?

Is there some significance to the half moon on the template base??

What do you mean by hook it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And isn't it delightful that you have to ask questions about a piece of equipment that is over 18 months old? Be thankful for the help. Some of the folks with Red Devils stuff have equipment that has never been explained.

But it's all in Jeff's head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't have a problem with it.

Have you seen other game with all their questions?

Look at War of the Rings!!

Most awesome game of all time as far as I am concerned,

yet look at all the Rules questions.

Seems to me people are about as happy as they expect themselves to be.

I'm very happy with Sergeants.

Get lots of enjoyment playing it with a good buddy of mine and
with my sons.

We also enjoy War of the Rings!!

That's been out for what 10 years?

tremendous game as is this.

I just enjoy the game, I don't worry about the Questions,

all these forums on BGG answer questions, why sweat it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Road to Carentan book:
The template is place in a straight line away from the firing soldier with the tail (half moon) closest to the firing soldier. Meaning its the tail/rear of the template. Place the template anywhere from a straight line away from the soldier with the top of the template up to BUT NOT EXCEEDING the weapons maximum range.
Panzerfausts would be 5 squares.

For each soldier being touched by the blast template you would pull (for the panzerfaust) 3 "Hit Checks". Meaning you (the player firing it) would pull three cards from your deck and check the BLAST HITS section. Add up any hits and that's how many results/cards the other player pulls and checks.

Note: I have never heard of the "hooking" that George refers to. Not disputing by any means, just never heard of it. I always assumed the half moon just kinda simulated the blast cone/ground impact shape. Me, personally, would try to aim it to hit multiple targets instead of hooking to just one.

As for your question with 3rd and 5th squares, I assume you mean range. I think I answered it above, but basically you could go up to 5 squares but not beyond. It can cross boarders and go back however it does, which could be several squares depending if you are firing it diagonally or so, just not beyond the 5 squares.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

-Jeff M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A diagram for this one would do me wonders.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, you choose a target up to 5 squares away, just like you would when shooting it and still having to be in firing arc and LOS.

You can target a soldier or soldiers 3 squares away, 1 square away, 2 squares away, 5 squares away or 4 squares away. If going for a soldier that is 5 squares away, that soldier/s can be anywhere in that 5th square, but the template cannot go beyond into the 6th square.

The front end of the template is the max range point, so any soldier bases covered by the template is affected.

The tail/half moon end has been referred to in the X-Terrain buildings as to (I believe) be placed just on the outside of a building's wall when targeting a building, so any other part of the template entering the building is where the soldiers are affected.

Never heard of that term "hooking" for this template before this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Great, thanks!

Now if you fire that against a building

or MG nest or casemate how does that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the X-Terrain buildings yet? If not then it doesn't matter because the buildings on the tiles are just the same as if shooting at a soldier in the open grass, other than tile modifiers that would affect range and other things.

As for the MG nest, it's the same as with a rifleman or any other soldier target. Pick a target within range and firing arc, put the template over that target/s and pull the to hit checks. Not sure why this is so complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Anderson
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanomag wrote:
According to the Road to Carentan book:

Note: I have never heard of the "hooking" that George refers to. Not disputing by any means, just never heard of it.

No issue. How to use this template was a question I specifically asked while at Fall-In. Just repeating the answer. I did ask if he would consider putting a diagram for it's use in the next rulebook update. I *think* he replied that was under consideration - but we talked about a lot of stuff and I could be mis-remembering that detail.

George
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info George. There is number of player aids that need to be made as some details don't come across easily. No different than Arkham/Eldritch Horror really. Maybe I'll try my hand at making one over the holidays.

-Jeff M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a picture that shows an example. This situation came up in a session the other day. Reinhard is firing his Panzerfaust.

The template was placed in a way that

a) traces a straight line back to Reinhard's firing arc

b) overlaps the target's base

c) does not exceed the weapon's maximum range of 5.

The rocket traverses the landmark (2 squares plus -2 modifier equals range 4) and then hits in square 15B. This is already the maximum range, and the template could not be placed in a way that crosses over to the neighbouring square to the right, hence the strange placement (not right on target).

The German player would draw three cards from his own deck and check for Blast hits. For each hit, the American player would draw a card from his deck and check the damage result. This time, Reinhard was out of luck, and the target only suffered a wound, but survived.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.