Subject: Pretty niche genre rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theodore Martinovich
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hulk can see ghosts, breathe underwater, and survive a nuclear bomb.
badge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSE5I0Wp7c
mbmbmbmbmb
So... I'm looking for a semi-simple campaign game. Something that is not just cooperative (Hopefully). Something that is shorter (i.e. under 2 hours) in a shot.

I want something my wife and I can play that has a persistent world with characters you build game to game. She enjoys competition but is "open" to coop.

I've been looking at games and the best I can see so far looks like Arcadia Quest. Anyone have any input on how the campaign is?

I've been looking at mice and mystics, Descent 2.0, Legends of Andor, Super dungeon explore... I was hoping Zombicide had a campaign but didn't see one in the reviews anywhere. Those games all seem ok... with a few issues here and there...

Also she HATES anything Sci-Fi... cry

Pathfinder? I know it's coop but...? She loves Zombies and fantasy... I know this is super picky. Especially trying to find something in print... Is Arcadia Quest my best bet or is there anything else out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Maciel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can convince her that soft science-fiction is much closer to fantasy than Sci-Fi. Galaxy Defenders has aliens and is, therefore, fantasy. It ticks all other boxes.

Lord of the Rings: LCG has some campaing modes on the saga boxes but it requires off-game deck-construction. If that's not your thing, keep away.

If everything else fails, Mice and Mystics is fantasy, purely cooperative and has some progression between scenarios. It's very story-driven and might be a pleasant experience to you both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.