5 Posts

Hybrid» Forums » General

Subject: More than 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Hicks
msg tools
mb
Is it possible to play Hybrid with more than two players? It's listed as 1v1 on the site but then there is an image with a caption showing a 3 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hybrid, in its basic release, would not work well as a multi-player game.

However, one of the Cry Havoc expansion issues contains rules for 3 and 4 player games. You would need that issue and additional miniatures (probably another 10-15) to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hicks
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jormungandr wrote:
Hybrid, in its basic release, would not work well as a multi-player game.

However, one of the Cry Havoc expansion issues contains rules for 3 and 4 player games. You would need that issue and additional miniatures (probably another 10-15) to do this.

Not necessarily true. I read the multiplayer rules in Cry Havoc #3 and the rules are as I guessed: you split into teams with players controlling their set of characters on each side. If so, the basic release would work well. There are 4 Griffin characters and 8 Scorpion. If you get a balanced scenario, you can play 4 player with 2 on each side.

Granted, the issue also has a 'free for all' multiplayer variant. This has 2 teams on each side and ALL are trying to complete the objectives and everyone is fair game.

You DON'T need additional miniatures for multiplayer UNLESS you want a massive free for all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a lot of Hybrid & I don't think two players sharing one team would work well - too much room for disputes over using the wealth of cards and the order of activations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.