Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wilson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the Infinity Gauntlet has six gems, each could be one action die, and since players normally use two basic action cards, the Infinity Gauntlet could be two cards that make up one "card." Having it as a basic action works well, too, since it means both players can compete for the gems.

I made the dice return themselves to the card when used so there is a constant loop and opportunity for the other player to gain access to a given die, but I tried to make it powerful enough to be worth that. If you roll energy, it returns to your used pile and to your bag.

I'm not super-familiar with the Infinity Gauntlet, and there isn't a lot of space left on the card, so I didn't fill in the double-burst lines, but feel free to suggest your own.

~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ducimus
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very cool
Nice work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really cool idea. I think you could make the abilities super thematic. Something like this:

Power Stone (red): +5 ATT to all of your fielded characters
Time Stone (orange): you may reroll your dice up to 4 times this turn.
Reality Stone (yellow): Switch the ATT and DEF of any or all of your opponents characters
Soul Stone (green): capture up to 3 opposing characters under this die until the end of this turn.
Mind Stone (blue): Take one your opponent's fielded characters and put into your field until the end of the turn.
Space Stone (purple): Move all of your opponent's prep area dice to the used pile at the end of this turn.

I mean, these are really powerful, but are very thematic and capture the power of these gems in the comics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Watkins

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all for stuff like this that takes the theme and runs with it. I'd say instead of basic actions maybe make each gem an action like shield, cerebro where you get those abilities but you pay for them and maybe each card would read if all gems fielded you win the game kind of thing. So maybe each gems would cost six and have fewer sides with non energy that way it's harder to attain. That also would create a new strategy to win other than life count. I also think breaking the gems into the srs of a set would be cool too. Maybe when avengers 3 comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.