Caleb Bennett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I was wondering whether this card stays instinct or changes to the copy of the card it plays. The reason I ask is because the card text says you MAY play a copy of the top card of the ally deck. I don't believe it can be both classes of card since it doesn't say so like the rogue card does. Would just like an official word on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This card does not keep both classes, only the class of the copied card. Rogue stated it explicitly since it was an exception.

Cheers!

See below:

This card plays a copy of the card you reveal, it does not become the card you copy.

So you get Mystique's instinct since you played the card, plus you get whatever the card you revealed to play a copy of as well.

Thanks Dog for catching it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis wrote:
This card does not keep both classes, only the class of the copied card. Rogue stated it explicitly since it was an exception.

Cheers!

Mr. Cassens, I think you might be answering a question about "Show Your True Colors."

"Turn the Tide" should remain Instinct because there's nothing saying its class type would change. You either play the card from the Ally Deck or you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Jacovis wrote:

Cheers!

Mr. Cassens, I think you might be answering a question about "Show Your True Colors."

"Turn" the Tide" should remain Instinct because there's nothing saying its class type would change. You either play the card from the Ally Deck or you don't.

Lol you're absolutely right. The question didn't even make sense with Turn the Tide so I must have skipped to one that did. Thanks Dog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

NT. Hong Kong
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I don't know if this is relevant to this thread or not:

Can I use Dodge or Teleport when I reveal them?
If yes, how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
casterlyrock wrote:
I don't know if this is relevant to this thread or not:

Can I use Dodge or Teleport when I reveal them?
If yes, how?

No, because when you play them they are no longer in your hand, and you have to play them to make them copies of the card. Dodge and Teleport require their card to be in your hand when the ability is used.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.