-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI Just added Power Grid Deluxe: Europe/North America to their Black Friday Sale for only $37.99 which is more than 50% off the MSRP of $79.99 and the lowest price it's sold for to date by a wide margin.

Even though they've probably got a ton on hand at this price I'll be surprised if it doesn't sell out before the day is out. Should be added to their Holiday Deal of the Day page come morning. Update: SOLD OUT

Few things worthy of note:

- This is a stand alone game that is not compatible with the standard edition out of the box. That said there will be an upgrade pack made available to distributors and the geek store which will allow you to use the upgraded components with the original game and expansions.

- Features a number of new rules and minor gameplay enhancements that virtually every reviewer I've read/watched feels improves on the original. More than one has noted that they feel it "fixes" some of their minor irritations with the original.

- That said if you didn't like the original this isn't different enough to that it is likely to change your opinion since it essentially plays like a variant/expansion with upgraded components.

- This offers a new 2 Player mode that has been exceptionally well received. Unlike some other aspects this can be adopted for use with the original game without any need to own the Deluxe edition. (rules rather than component based enhancement) There is already an official version of this variant for the original game in the works.

BGG Link: Power Grid Deluxe: Europe/North America
Avg Rating: 8.47 with 137 Votes
Recommended with full player count from 2-6
MSRP: $79.99
MM: $55 (OOS)
AMZ: $54.48 (+ tax where applicable) Shipped
White Dragon: $49.99
Cardhaus Black Friday Price: $45.99 (OOS)

Update: As suspected it's one of their Deals of the Day along with Cyclades: Hades, Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Lair of the Wyrm, and a few others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [CSI] Power Grid: Deluxe $37.99 (52% off MSRP)
Roger just did a good comparision of the deluxe to the regular edition.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/17596272#17596272
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
It says there are 8 copies in stock get them while they are hot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quintious .
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddlebox85 wrote:

20+ at present. I was really on the fence about buying this, since I own the original, but for $38, I'm in. Coupled with an XCOM pre-order and picking up the base to the D&D Attack Wing that I've had sitting in my saved for later forever, and I've got my $100 for free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great price! Too bad I can't put together $100 worth of an order from the other sale items. Or should that be "good thing I can't"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dian
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if this will still be on sale by Cyber Monday. There's nothing else interesting left on the Black Friday sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dmk11 wrote:
I wonder if this will still be on sale by Cyber Monday. There's nothing else interesting left on the Black Friday sale.

Highly doubt it.

1) It's likely to sell out at this price. (though this is the kind of title they've been known to stock hundreds of)

2) More importantly, since it's quite certain to be on today's daily deal page the price will expire at Midnight EST even if it doesn't sell out.

Riddlebox85 wrote:

As Quintious pointed out there are 20+ in stock. CSI instituted a cart limit that prevents us seeing what the real inventory is quite some time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bartholomew
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to play Power Grid but have the original new in shrink. I can likely sell it and break even or even make a small profit. At this price would you recommend ditching the original and just starting my power grid experience with the Deluxe version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bartholomew
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for talking me off the ledge...That completely rationalizes my Cyclades: Hades purchase in lieu of Power Grid. Looks like it is time to ship those 12 orders I have on hold and hope that my wife doesn't kill me. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

Riddlebox85 wrote:

As Quintious pointed out there are 20+ in stock. CSI instituted a cart limit that prevents us seeing what the real inventory is quite some time ago.

Interesting.. I guess it has been a very long time since I made an order,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that finally pushed me over the edge and I placed my first non-amazon board game order.

1 - Power Grid: Deluxe (New, Board Games, Rio Grande Games) at $37.99 each
Daily sale item.
1 - Castles of Mad King Ludwig (New, Board Games, Bezier Games) at $40.99 each
1 - The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game Core Set (New, Living Card Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $27.49 each

$106.47 - SubTotal
$0.00 - Standard -- Free Shipping
-------------------------------
$106.47 - Total
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice deal, I have really been wanting this plus Cyclades, Kemet and the expansions so I got an early start on the Cyclades set too. Thanks for the heads up! Good time to round out some of the Descent Lieutenant's too. :-)

Daily sale item.
1 - Descent Second Edition: Eliza Farrow Lieutenant Miniature Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $6.29 each
1 - Descent Second Edition: Merick Farrow Lieutenant Miniature Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $6.29 each
1 - Descent Second Edition: Alric Farrow Lieutenant Miniature Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $6.29 each
1 - Descent Second Edition Dice Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $6.99 each
1 - Descent Second Edition: Splig Lieutenant Miniature Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $6.99 each
1 - Descent Second Edition: Belthir Lieutenant Miniature Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $6.99 each
1 - Descent Second Edition: Zachareth Lieutenant Miniature Pack (New, Board Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $6.99 each
1 - Memoir 44: Pacific Theater Expansion (New, Board Games, Days of Wonder) at $25.99 each
1 - Cyclades: Hades Expansion (New, Board Games, Asmodee Editions) at $27.99 each
Daily sale item.

$138.80 - SubTotal
-$2.78 - Customer Reward 2.00% off Non-Singles
$136.02 - Total

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dtekh wrote:
Well, that finally pushed me over the edge and I placed my first non-amazon board game order.

Daily sale item.
1 - Castles of Mad King Ludwig (New, Board Games, Bezier Games) at $40.99 each
1 - The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game Core Set (New, Living Card Games, Fantasy Flight Games) at $27.49 each

$106.47 - SubTotal
$106.47 - Total

Have fun with LotR core set - it's an amazing game! If you're having trouble and getting frustrated, check out the LotR forums on the geek for some great decks to use with the core set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the card backs on this version different than the original? I ask to know if it is possible to mix the promos into this game as wel as the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Johnson
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
Are the card backs on this version different than the original? I ask to know if it is possible to mix the promos into this game as wel as the original.

I believe the old promos are not compatible. There was some rebalancing with changing garbage to natural gas; but they are planning on updating the addon content and releasing it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H
United States
flag msg tools
I am thinking really hard about picking up powergrid. I have been looking at purchasing this base game for a while but this deal is tipping the scales in me purchasing the deluxe version today. I have read that most people suggest just purchasing the base game an expansions, is that still the better way to go even at this price point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Callsignraven wrote:
I am thinking really hard about picking up powergrid. I have been looking at purchasing this base game for a while but this deal is tipping the scales in me purchasing the deluxe version today. I have read that most people suggest just purchasing the base game an expansions, is that still the better way to go even at this price point?

At this price, deluxe is probably worth it if you don't own the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H
United States
flag msg tools
Just pulled the trigger. I am really looking forward to playing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smith
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had to jump in at that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 2 Left in Stock. If you're on the fence, best jump quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Smith
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
All gone. Funny, there were still 20+ available around 3-3:30 EST this afternoon. I guess folks felt compelled to buy Power Grid after the Chargers beat the Ravens around 4:00.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.