Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
68 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: GLOG - Sat 13 December 2014 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gungahlin Library Open Games (GLOG) upcoming event.

What: to play board/tile/card/dice games
Where: Gungahlin Library, corner of Hibberson St and Gozzard St.
When: Saturday 13 December 2014
Time: 10:15 am to 5:00ish pm
Room: Conference Room 1

As per DrClaw request, GLOG is happy to join the Global Pandemic Party.

The games of the month are:

Pandemic



and

Pandemic: The Cure



Thanks in advance for donations to contribute to this cause. Also, by playing these games you get a chance to win a TGC gift voucher.

As I don't own any of those games, I appreciate GLOG attendees to bring their own copies to share.

This is a free event, just bring along your favourite games and a smile.

The booking is for Conference room #1. This room is located in the lower level left side downstairs of the main library entry. There is no restriction of food on the venue, but I encourage everyone to keep the venue tidy and be careful while playing other people games. Also, consider order food/drinks from the coffee shop inside the Library.

There is key provided by the Library in a DVD case to access the toilets that will be available to all. Please return the key, so others can access this facility.

Cheers!
cool
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Also, GLOG attendees will have the opportunity to try Dragon Racer



This game was develop by local Canberrans and it KS campaign has been founded, so don't miss a chance to get it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mclachlan
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm aiming to be there for Pandemic.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brewer
Australia
DUNLOP
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to be there, and will bring X-Wing.

Happy to try out whatever board games are there on the day.

Cheers,
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I'll bring my copy of Pandemic: The Cure, i.e. Pandemic: The Dice Game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there pretty much for sure. The Fish Family will be in tow in the morning so will pack a few games liked by the Little Fish (including Wings of Glory: WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack.

It's be a while since I've played so I'll bring Zombicide (possibly fitting into the theme as the next stage of a lost game of Pandemic) and probably another dozen games of other things.

Up for A Study in Emerald if anyone is keen to teach.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
I'll bring one copy of pandemic, possibly two.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I already volunteered my services, sheesh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Davey
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Panamax!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this Rene.
A few days ago I had a close call with work, but managed to swap some shifts so I can still attend *whew*.
I've placed our Pandemic Party on the world map, and contacted 'The Games Capital' to place a flyer in the window.

Thanks in advance to those bringing a copy of Pandemic.

muzfish4 wrote:
Zombicide (possibly fitting into the theme as the next stage of a lost game of Pandemic)
Too soon Muz! However, that might fit to the Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 campaign =)

Finally attendees are invited to play a game (or more) of Pandemic and make a donation, but there is no obligation.

If someone is looking to run a session of Tragedy Looper, I'm very keen to partcipate.

Really looking forward to this GLOG. See you on the day.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
DrClaw wrote:

.
If someone is looking to run a session of Tragedy Looper, I'm very keen to partcipate.


i second this. im keen to play it as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AztecTwoStep wrote:
I already volunteered my services, sheesh


Thanks for the confirmation, didn't want to 'pressure' you into it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also mastermind this. After ASiE is finished
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
AztecTwoStep wrote:
I already volunteered my services, sheesh


Thanks for the confirmation, didn't want to 'pressure' you into it.


If this was referring to A Study in Emerald then I'm interested in a play of that too if there is a spot.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebut wrote:
muzfish4 wrote:
AztecTwoStep wrote:
I already volunteered my services, sheesh


Thanks for the confirmation, didn't want to 'pressure' you into it.


If this was referring to A Study in Emerald then I'm interested in a play of that too if there is a spot.


I think so far we have 4, including yourself, so one more free spot for any takers! (crossy, you know you want to )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mordeth90 wrote:
Panamax!!!


Book me a place on that game, keen to try it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess Drake
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll be missing this one, as I'm in Sydney that day. Boo. But I'll keep an eye out for familiar faces at Cancon in January
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to problems with customs, I won't be there as I'll be driving back to Melbourne again!

Sorry.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Due to problems with customs, I won't be there as I'll be driving back to Melbourne again!

Sorry.

Sorry to hear, Julian - I was looking forward to trying some demo games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Due to problems with customs, I won't be there as I'll be driving back to Melbourne again!

Sorry.

Sorry to hear, Julian - I was looking forward to trying some demo games.


Paul

If you want to drop by on Thursday evening, I could lend the to GLOG via yourself.

Cheers
J
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Unhalfbricking wrote:
batcut wrote:
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Due to problems with customs, I won't be there as I'll be driving back to Melbourne again!

Sorry.

Sorry to hear, Julian - I was looking forward to trying some demo games.


Paul

If you want to drop by on Thursday evening, I could lend the to GLOG via yourself.

Cheers
J

Thanks for that, Julian - I'll be over between 6 & 7pm if that's okay.

BTW, are the games the same as you had at the November GLOG? This is what you posted in the November thread:

Quote:
Ivor the Engine
Lunte
The Castles of Mad King Ludwig
RoboRama
Fresh Fish
AquaSphere
Steam Donkey
Grog Island
27th Passenger, a hunt on rails
Murano
Zhanguo
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Unhalfbricking wrote:
batcut wrote:
Unhalfbricking wrote:
Due to problems with customs, I won't be there as I'll be driving back to Melbourne again!

Sorry.

Sorry to hear, Julian - I was looking forward to trying some demo games.


Paul

If you want to drop by on Thursday evening, I could lend the to GLOG via yourself.

Cheers
J

Thanks for that, Julian - I'll be over between 6 & 7pm if that's okay.

BTW, are the games the same as you had at the November GLOG? This is what you posted in the November thread:

Quote:
Ivor the Engine
Lunte
The Castles of Mad King Ludwig
RoboRama
Fresh Fish
AquaSphere
Steam Donkey
Grog Island
27th Passenger, a hunt on rails
Murano
Zhanguo


From memory, there is also Kryptos but no CV from my bought list. The ones listed as available demos from MeepleCon are the ones I have now.

fwiw, there is an increasing chance I can't get them this weekend either. I am more than somewhat stressed!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TGC has offered the following Essen games for demo:

Orleans
Antike II
Royals
Evolution
Essen board game
Pandemic the cure
Aquasphere
La Isla
Power Grid Deluxe

Plus I'll have Luchador! 2.0 for people to train for the upcoming GLOG Championship

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:

TGC has offered the following Essen games for demo:

Orleans
Antike II
Royals
Evolution
Essen board game
Pandemic the cure
Aquasphere
La Isla
Power Grid Deluxe

Plus I'll have Luchador! 2.0 for people to train for the upcoming GLOG Championship


Is it this version of Evolution: The Origin of Species, as this is the one they have in stock, plus all of the expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it the one of the link you use. Amended my entry.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.