Subject: Flipping of First Player Marker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the other thread but I´m still too dumb.

What benefit does the flipping of this marker give you? It is clear that all cars are on the dark side once the First Player Marker is awarded, so why is this procedure helpful in any way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernhard Vierthaler wrote:
I read the other thread but I´m still too dumb.

What benefit does the flipping of this marker give you? It is clear that all cars are on the dark side once the First Player Marker is awarded, so why is this procedure helpful in any way?

The First Player marker is supposed to have a white side and a black side, the actual counter has been errated (see Re: Errata Page-Please Comment as you find issues. )

The different white and black sides of the Marker are there to remind people which cars are yet to be activated, and is very useful as it is easy to forget when you are analyzing what is the best card play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why remind me? At the time someone receives the First Player Marker all cars have to be activated anyways as it happens after the action phase. What do I need a First Player Marker to remind me of that? I still don´t get it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Nelen
Belgium
Gent
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The marker remains flipped for the whole turn. After about half the cars have moved people can get confused which cars have been activated. At that point you can look at the first player marker and see whether black or white cars still have to be activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, now I get it. We always flipped back all cars on the white side after a turn.
But instead of doing that the First Player marker tells you, which side will be the non activated side from the beginning of the new turn. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grier
Scotland
Paisley
Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But instead of doing that the First Player marker tells you, which side will be the non activated side from the beginning of the new turn. Is that right?

Yes, that's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Ah, now I get it. We always flipped back all cars on the white side after a turn.

We prefer it this way. Takes about ten seconds and eliminates any possible confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.