Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going through the components for Conquest of the Empire and I was wondering if you can help me here: my (huge) gameboard is coming appart a little at the seams (where it folds) and at the surface of the board where there's some tear. Do you guys have suggestion as to what I can do to prevent the forseeable damages? I heard about some spray-on finish for the surface, but I'm not too familiar with such things.

Helps?!?
Ruvion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Use Tesa Extra-Power or a similar tape (if possible) to keep the two halves of the board from separating.

2. Use a sheet of plexiglass to protect the gameboard from wear.

3. Do not allow liquids on the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the other thing that may work is to get some clear, self-adhesive book covers, which come in rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...is there a viable glue solution for the fold? and how bout the spray on solution...can you tell me more about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Frederick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
For a spray-on finish, Krylon Clear Coat or Spray Acrylic work well. They basically put a very thin layer of acrylic "paint" on the item that is perfectly transparent.

On gluing, pretty much any paper glue will work, like a white glue, but clamping (or pressure, like stacking books on top) while it dries will produce a lot better finished result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.